Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not bad picked up a antec kuhler 920 and love it not as good as custom water but better then air and 80 bucks makes me happy when i am paying almost that for the air coolers i buy
Old October 14, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Great review AkG, very well done. Although, and I think others would agree, I would like to see a few other non water cooling results to compare to. Mainly just the couple top end air coolers, just to see how these closed loop systems compare to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
I will say, Corsair's QC has been pretty poor as of late, but when their products work, they work really well.

I've been using the H100 for quite some time now, and it does a great job of cooling my rig, but I swear the fan controller doesn't work with my Gentle Typhoons, but haven't bothered to really check by trying the stock fans and see if all is well. Other than that, it's a solid cooler.

I am pleased with mine as well. I also have Gentle Typhoons on mine and it appears to me that the fan controller works well for me. I will say that I just want to get my hands on the Corsair link though so I can monitor everything better.

Old October 14, 2011, 08:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
not bad picked up a antec kuhler 920 and love it not as good as custom water but better then air and 80 bucks makes me happy when i am paying almost that for the air coolers i buy
Hey Gingerbee,

Did they get the mounting system done better than Astek's original setup? I am curious to know if they mount easier or not.

AS for the cooler themselves, I love these Sealed WC systems now becuse I have no more worries on RAM clearance issues.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 14, 2011, 09:28 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Great review AkG, very well done. Although, and I think others would agree, I would like to see a few other non water cooling results to compare to. Mainly just the couple top end air coolers, just to see how these closed loop systems compare to them
I swear, I must be seeing things:

Old October 14, 2011, 11:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I am pleased with mine as well. I also have Gentle Typhoons on mine and it appears to me that the fan controller works well for me. I will say that I just want to get my hands on the Corsair link though so I can monitor everything better.
So are you saying that you can tell that the fan speed changes when you push the fan controller button?
Are you using the AP-15's or another model of the GT's?
Old October 14, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I swear, I must be seeing things:

Ok, sure make me feel like a blind idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
So are you saying that you can tell that the fan speed changes when you push the fan controller button?
Are you using the AP-15's or another model of the GT's?
Yes, there is very much a distinct difference between the three settings. Plus I could notice the temp differences at load.

Old January 21, 2012, 07:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I looked through the review but did not see if the installation called for the fans to be pulling air into the case or pushing air through the rad and exhausting from the case. I am assuming that the fans are drawing air from inside the case and exhausting it out.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old January 22, 2012, 05:35 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I believe corsair recommends that you have the unit pulling cold air from outside into the case through the rad. But for most people(myself included) just use it to blow air out of the case. The temp difference isn't huge unless you have bad airflow in your case.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old January 22, 2012, 08:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the feedback SA. I'll probably set it up to exhaust then. I have the 650D and the front fan should pull in enough fresh air I think. I'll vent back and top and see how that goes.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old January 22, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

With water cooling units ALWAYS config them to exhaust (I dont care what the mfg'ers say...its just not an optimal choice to push hot air INTO a case). Doing otherwise negates one of the largest benefits of running water instead of air: COOL case temps. All that hot air inside a case is not a good thing. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr