Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2011, 11:24 PM
Rookie

Default Thermaltake Level 10 GT and Antec Kuhler 920 perfect fit

I've seen some of the custom case jobs around here, really impressive stuff, now here's my computer contructed entirely from non-custom parts.

You'll notice there's no ugly radiator block on the rear fan area.

The tubing is long enough to make it from the bottom to the cpu, even if it blocks modular cabling for the PSU.

There's even a filter to catch the dust.

I like the colour green.

Most people seem to be placing the radiator where the rear fan is, but there's a 12cm fan mount at the bottom that is just perfect for this and gets the ugly radiator out of the side window.
Overall, I'm pleased with the unit, it keeps the CPU at around 36 degrees (Celcius) even under heavy load from prime95 and idle is 22 degrees (Celcius) and it's much quieter then the case fans unlike the noisy stock fan that came with the CPU. You'll notice the AM3 socket (I'm poor) the Kuhler fits it fine but the back plate is cheap and nasty, lucky you can't see it.
Old September 4, 2011, 02:50 AM
MVP

My System Specs

watch the fins on your exhaust fan there not very strong, broke mine fisrt time in the case with the power on like. In your setup would have still removed the top fan and placed your rad there, like I did on the h100. Am impressed your getting 35 with p95, your not overclocking your amd?
Old September 7, 2011, 06:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

why does having a am3 socket with a 1090t make you poor? i just bought a 1090t to replace my first gen phenom ii x4 925. its pretty darn fast, hell i even render on mine again. i just got tired of waiting for bulldozer. but any way how do you like the kuler?
Old September 7, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

im surprised that isnt heating your case up like crazy...
Old September 8, 2011, 03:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
AM3's are generally very tame and cool chips. Even with a heavy OC. That setup would work reasonable well, perhaps a minor increase but nothing major. Nice look, love the PSU though.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 8, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
AM3's are generally very tame and cool chips. Even with a heavy OC. That setup would work reasonable well, perhaps a minor increase but nothing major. Nice look, love the PSU though.

ST
mines hot as hell
Old September 8, 2011, 04:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasrott View Post
watch the fins on your exhaust fan there not very strong, broke mine fisrt time in the case with the power on like. In your setup would have still removed the top fan and placed your rad there, like I did on the h100. Am impressed your getting 35 with p95, your not overclocking your amd?
Yeah, it's not that impressive, I'm not actually overclocking.
I'm not real sure what you mean by the fins braking;
are you talking about the 14cm Level10 case fan?
'cause mine's fine, maybe you got a bad one, sorry and... may the needless taunting beginulate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman95 View Post
why does having a am3 socket with a 1090t make you poor? i just bought a 1090t to replace my first gen phenom ii x4 925. its pretty darn fast, hell i even render on mine again. i just got tired of waiting for bulldozer. but any way how do you like the kuler?
Sorry, I was just making a small joke because of the expense of the i7 cpu compared to AMD, I actually love AMD and wish they'd take the fight back to Intel with a cpu designed to beat the i7 line up.
And, I thought Bulldozer became that socket FM1 thingy.
I really like Kuhler, But I think it's mostly designed for overclockers because it keeps my cpu needlessly cool (the cpu was happy at 62C with the stock cooler) and stability is too important to me for me to risk OCing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
I'm guessing you noticed that the air is going passed the radiator and into the case.
I figured I'd test this first and if it was a problem I'd rotate the fans to force air out instead.
Fortunately it all seems to be working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

ST
The PSU is by superflower it has a beautiful picture of a butterfly on it, which is the only reason why I purchased it.

Anyway, I just wanted to show how neat everything looks with the radiator mounted at the bottom of the case and I feel that I've... um... accomplished that.
Old September 8, 2011, 05:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

When Bulldozer comes out it will be using the AM3/AM3+ socket. The FM1 socket is for the Llano APUs.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 8, 2011, 06:51 PM
Rookie

PerryC is right.

It's been a while since I checked out AMD plans and I got Bobcat and Bulldozer confused.

Bulldozer looks really awesome though
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulldozer_(processor)
I want one now!!!
Old September 8, 2011, 06:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The PSU is by superflower it has a beautiful picture of a butterfly on it, which is the only reason why I purchased it.

Anyway, I just wanted to show how neat everything looks with the radiator mounted at the bottom of the case and I feel that I've... um... accomplished that.
Ironically, by that random judgement you have chosen one of the best types of PSU platforms out there to date. Superflower wasn't always the best but lately they have made some very solid units. Enough to give even the vaunted Seasonic a run for its money.
I like the setup, and you have accomplished what you sought.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Tags
kuhler , level10gt , watercooling