Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17, 2012, 08:27 PM

My System Specs

A 20C drop in CPU temps?!?! WOW.
Old September 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Lookin good there ya simpleton! It almost looks like you built it in slow motion.... get it?
Old September 19, 2012, 04:55 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thank you thank you!Yeah I get it! hehe,2o degrees seems to be the result for most peeps doing this mod which means that this chip can possilby run cooler then a Sandybridge with a higher TJmax to boot,105 compared to 95 for the Sandy! Although the Liquid Ultra is pricey and they don't give you much,took all I had to cover both die and outside of heatspreader but was worth the effort.
Old September 23, 2012, 08:46 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Update on the overclock so far with speed stepping enabled with offset option 4600 seems the sweet spot as 4700 needs much more voltage plus PLL over-voltage enabled to be stable. Speed-step disabled and fixed v-core will be needed for 4800 and up I am thinking..
Attached Images

Last edited by Simpleton; September 24, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old September 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

At 4800 fixed v-core and no speed-stepping.
Attached Images

Old September 24, 2012, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

How hot does it get after a few hours of prime?
Old September 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
I will reinstall the HSF for now without it I would have to remove the mounting bracket and without some shim of some sort it would be very hard to mount this huge block on such a little die.I would need a lot of time to think about that one.So far the only Idea is to find a large rubber washer that would fit around the die and a little higher in relation the the die's height.Then I could compress the rubber washer until I get contact with the die.It means you have to tighten hold-down nuts in sequence to keep the pressure even,while trying to neutralize the leaning effect of heavy tubing or heat sinks on the socket.I'm hoping someone will come up with a product..:)

if water block sits on the bare die without any other interferance then just add same height of differance of the lid removal to the screws spacers

note: some rubbers are very conductive

or don't use the acorn nuts to top off and use a feeler gauge to torque springs down
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; September 24, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old September 24, 2012, 05:05 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Doesn't get much hotter after3 minutes then stabilizes 5 min. is my min. for P95 using the Overclock.net Sandy-Ivy overclock guide which has been very helpful thank ya Kenny Parker!How many degrees can I get from direct-die? Has anyone tried it?...rubber conductive? hehe...shit didn't see that one coming:)
I would need to toss the acorns for sure and washers with the right height on all four shafts would work to eliminate the chance of too much pressure on the die.Could be done if someone wanted to...once the details are worked out you could make a nice profit selling shim washers to people like me...Opportunity is everywhere! 2.99$ for four shim washers that cost .50 cents to manufacture...awesome! That heat-spreader is damn thick and zinc-plated copper...Intel should sell these chips with no heat-sink and no heat-spreader which would probably cut like 40% in price of manufacturing. I would buy one:) Another Sniper too if I could find a Black Edition...they don't make em anymore:(

A more stable 4800, no speed-stepping, fixed v-core 1.45,PLL overvoltage enabled,C1E disabled,turbo-boost offset +.077 running prime95 for 5 min. opening other programs at the same time and no probs, that is stable!
Attached Images

Last edited by Simpleton; October 12, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old October 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default 3570K Overclock

So far I have not been able to go much higher then 4800...has anyone had better luck?
Old April 5, 2013, 04:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I hope I have helped anyone out with their build by offering my example for comparison,what I really need now is a cheap solution to my graphics situation which is inadequate.Love to pick up a deal on used video card...will check out the classified section,offers appreciated!