Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2011, 02:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That sniper was (and still is) one of my favorite cases.
Old August 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

All the water cooling components are from swiftech including the cpu block the Storm which is fitting for the Storm Sniper hehe.A custom DK pump top for my MCP350 allows the bigger tubing.Using Feser1 pink uv reactive non-cunductive coolant,leaks no problem!About the yellow fan,it's about 5 years old and yeah smoke stained.This is after I cleaned it the best I could...smoking is not only bad for you it's also bad for you'r pc, don't smoke kids!
I took a few more pics for you folks but I have to say the camera doesn't really capture the uv led's like they look to me in real life,more blueish for some reason.
Attached Images

Old August 18, 2011, 03:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I had this setup in an older smaller case which was giving me lots of grief,one day I will upgrade to the I-7 2600k Asrock makes an I-7 board with extra holes for my 775 CPU block which will be easy and cheap!
For now the E6600 running at 3.6 is working great with my new 6950 which if you look closely I've added some red led's to highlight the interior of the card, also added a uv led to the Asus northbridge cooler fan.
All my case fans are connected to the big fan control dial so I can control the speed.It's very quiet and the 6950 is also idling at 20% fan speed on auto.With this setup I am getting load temps of 55-56 after hours of demanding applications at 1.48 volts on cpu which is acceptable.
Attached Images

Old August 18, 2011, 03:41 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That last shot was with most of the lights off, here's a couple with them on.I am learning how to use this camera and the next two shots are on diff settings on a tripod.I like them both so I posted them:) hope you like it!
Attached Images

Old August 18, 2011, 05:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

those shots are amazing!!
what is the a black light to bring our the colour?
Old August 19, 2011, 04:26 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the positive comment! I have a limited budget and my PC is in no way awesome except for my choices of cheap things like lighting and such.There is one vertical 15 inch uv cathode you can clearly see but I switched out all the crappy ice blue fan led's for uv ones,and I have a friend who will donate a clean 120mm fan to replace the smoke stained one, heh..
All it takes is a soldering iron and nerves of steel! hehe

Pic:Purple haze
Attached Images

Old August 30, 2011, 04:57 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I am really tempted to put another dual 120 rad in the bottom,push-pull of course with another 200mm fan in the bottom and twin 120's for pull I think external rads looks gawdawful ugly sorry.
Old March 29, 2012, 05:01 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Update! New used virgin q6600,80$ thanks Fred and Kijiji,4 gig G-Skill 1066 ram 50$ thanks Bill and Craigslist!
Q6600@3.6 rocks BF3 now!!New higher Ram helps too!Next upgrade will be a 240g SSD, looking at the Mushkin Enhanced 240g SSD at NewEgg for 243$ with 9.99$ ship.
With that should be good till BF4:)
Old April 19, 2012, 10:23 PM
Rookie

looks nice, but the pictures seem to wash out the tubes from the fans.
Old June 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the positive comment!I wasn't sure at first what you meant but after thinking about it you are right the cathode tube does wash out the picture a bit too much with the side panel off, a concealed indirect cathode would be much nicer for a shot with the side panel off.This case actually doesn't have a window only mesh, so when the side panel is on you need that direct cathode light to brighten up the UV coolant but have a washout in close proximity to the cathode.You know I might have a better result with two smaller concealed cathodes and still have the required luminosity, a good point Sexpot I will try it:)