Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2011, 07:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyups View Post
you would need a world class hemi-anechoic (or fully anechoic) chamber .....

Of course, if you happen to be in Taiwan, you could always see if you could use Gigabyte's chamber ...
There's a home built 10-11 dBA chamber in Vancouver.. used for testing computer hardware. Use your google-fu on Mike Chin (i don't want to link to anywhere)

Old September 2, 2011, 08:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterd View Post
There's a home built 10-11 dBA chamber in Vancouver.. used for testing computer hardware. Use your google-fu on Mike Chin (i don't want to link to anywhere)
Very cool read, I've done some research as well into sound chambers, and came to the same conclusions he did ... mainly that costs will rise exponentially to try to suppress noise below ~300Hz since you need much larger wedges ... which means a much larger room, etc.

It's pretty awesome to see that his DIY project (let's face it, it's not the prettiest sound chamber) worked out very well, and I'll have to keep the Blue Fill in mind if I ever build a house.
Old September 3, 2011, 01:04 PM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
So I just ordered 2 AP-15's and a bunch of sleeving and such, all told $60.

I was really trying to decide between the AP-15, which I have to sleeve to get the way I want or one of the Noiseblockers which are already sleeved.

In the end the GT AP-15 won out, mainly because I already have one and know what they sound like. So they will get here and I will get them sleeved up and put onto my H100. Will I see a drop in temps? I hope so maybe a little but really it is more about same temp lower noise, although I'm thinking in the end I will get lower temps and lower noise.
Hey, stupid question I know, but can you please post a link to the sleeves you got for the AP15s?
Just got them too and can't find any.. I prob just don't know what to look for
Old September 3, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempLar View Post
Hey, stupid question I know, but can you please post a link to the sleeves you got for the AP15s?
Just got them too and can't find any.. I prob just don't know what to look for
I think he just bought sleeving for the cables, it's pretty generic and fits any small cables. dazmode.com sells it and is Canadian :) Basically you will need a small tool, heatgun (lighter can be used...doesn't do a good job), sleeving and heatshrink. It takes a while the first time you do any work.
Old September 8, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
I think he just bought sleeving for the cables, it's pretty generic and fits any small cables. dazmode.com sells it and is Canadian :) Basically you will need a small tool, heatgun (lighter can be used...doesn't do a good job), sleeving and heatshrink. It takes a while the first time you do any work.
Yep that is what I did. I got mine from the same place as the fans and just got a little kit with the sleeving and the heatshrink. I also got black fan connectors so they would match my H100.