Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Heatkiller and Fittings (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/45027-heatkiller-fittings.html)

MattC July 19, 2011 05:59 PM

Heatkiller and Fittings
 
OK, so i have several Bitspower fittings (90s, 45 rotary, straight). The only ones that will thread in are the straight fittings. Of course I cant use 2 straight because they are 1/2ID. So I would need to use 45s. No biggie, but they will only thread in like halfway then I cant turn them anymore. Everything is G1/4 threading.

What gives? I tried a million times and I am not cross threading them.

JD July 19, 2011 06:05 PM

Very strange to say the least.

I have a Heatkiller 3.0 on my CPU and my Bitspower 45 degree compressions threaded fine. Do these fittings thread into other G1/4" ports on other items in your loop? That would determine if the fitting is bad or if the HK block is bad.

MattC July 19, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 534521)
Very strange to say the least.

I have a Heatkiller 3.0 on my CPU and my Bitspower 45 degree compressions threaded fine. Do these fittings thread into other G1/4" ports on other items in your loop? That would determine if the fitting is bad or if the HK block is bad.


Yeah i just checked, they thread into other things just fine.

I tried 3 of the 45 rotaries and they all dont go in lol.

chrisk July 19, 2011 06:27 PM

I had trouble getting a G1/4 fitting in my nickel-plated Heatkiller too. Took me several tries to get a fitting that worked.

MattC July 19, 2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 534535)
I had trouble getting a G1/4 fitting in my nickel-plated Heatkiller too. Took me several tries to get a fitting that worked.


Yeah it seems BP and the HK3.0 have a different idea of what G1/4 is. Its no issue at all when it threads into acetal/acrylic. But that metal on metal threading is being difficult.

SugarJ July 19, 2011 07:54 PM

I can only say that my BP 45's thread into my nickel-plated HK3.0 no problem. Inspect the thread on your rotaries, make sure they aren't pinched off at the bottom.

MattC July 19, 2011 08:02 PM

I got things to work. Some tubing around the fitting and pliers did the trick. They just needed to be threaded down once. Now they go in by hand. The threads are still good in the block and the fittings. I didnt have to crank them hard.

JD July 20, 2011 04:28 PM

Maybe it was just some built up plating then...

But I think it's mainly because HK doesn't do any plating themselves that I'm aware of. I think it's always done by a 3rd party on behalf of the reseller. I know for example Sidewinder's nickel plated HK blocks are only external, where as the nickel plated block I got from Daz is done inside and out.

jtf2 July 20, 2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 534879)
Maybe it was just some built up plating then...

But I think it's mainly because HK doesn't do any plating themselves that I'm aware of. I think it's always done by a 3rd party on behalf of the reseller. I know for example Sidewinder's nickel plated HK blocks are only external, where as the nickel plated block I got from Daz is done inside and out.

rrtech facilitates the plating for hk blocks sold at sidewinders,and trust me when i say-as i own a nickel-chrome block plated at the same place-those blocks are plated inside and out,and honestly i would like to see an example of a block plated-on the outside only

MattC July 20, 2011 08:55 PM

It is from Daz.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.