Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2011, 06:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
rrtech facilitates the plating for hk blocks sold at sidewinders,and trust me when i say-as i own a nickel-chrome block plated at the same place-those blocks are plated inside and out,and honestly i would like to see an example of a block plated-on the outside only
I thought Sidewinder's website had pictures and it wasn't plated internally. Perhaps it was P-PCs. Honestly, I can't recall as it was so long ago when I went to buy mine.
Old July 21, 2011, 07:19 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I thought Sidewinder's website had pictures and it wasn't plated internally. Perhaps it was P-PCs. Honestly, I can't recall as it was so long ago when I went to buy mine.
The HK sold by Sidewinder was plated by RRTech and it's inside out. I also own the first batch HK3.0 (currently for sale, wink wink).

I never saw a block which was plated only externally but it's also possible there are some who only have the top plated while still retaining the naked copper bottom.

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old July 21, 2011, 08:26 AM
Top Prospect

I can confirm that the HK blocks (my GPU GTX580 block) has a VERY tight fit with the threads using BP compression/rotaries.
Old July 21, 2011, 11:28 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

The one I got has copper bottom and is not internally coated. But I dont usually look at the underside or internals when its installed, so I think I'll be ok.