Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2011, 11:10 AM
Top Prospect

Default Thinking of selling my WC stuff

So a few years ago, I bought a Swiftech Apex Ulitma Plus kit to start my foray into WCing. Since then I've had a child, and my wife is due with our second this weekend. In other words, I won't have much time to maintain my loop anymore.

I think the kit came with the following:
Swiftech Apogee GTZ Water Block
Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Revision 2
Swiftech MCP655-B Water Pump
Swiftech MCR220 Dual 120mm Radiator
Swiftech MCB120 Radbox Revision 2

And a bunch of plastic barbs. I bought a bunch of TFC barbs and some 90/45 degree rotary barbs from Daz instead of the plastic ones that came with the kit.

I guess my big question is, is there much of a market for this kind of stuff on BST? If so, how much could/should I sell it all for?

Last edited by Pax; July 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old July 12, 2011, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax View Post
So a few years ago, I bought a Swiftech Apex Ulitma Plus kit to start my foray into WCing. Since then I've had a child, and my wife is due with our second this weekend. In other words, I won't have much time to maintain my loop anymore.

I think the kit came with the following:
Swiftech Apogee GTZ Water Block
Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Revision 2
Swiftech MCP655-B Water Pump
Swiftech MCR220 Dual 120mm Radiator
Swiftech MCB120 Radbox Revision 2

And a bunch of plastic barbs. I bought a bunch of TFC barbs and some 90/45 degree rotary barbs from Daz instead of the plastic ones that came with the kit.

I guess my big question is, is there much of a market for this kind of stuff on BST? If so, how much could/should I sell it all for?
You're not going to get much for a watercooling kit that is a few years old, and especially Swiftech stuff IMO. I would hope for your sake you have a few hours to yourself once every 6-12 months :)

For example:
Swiftech Apogee GTZ Water Block $15?
Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block $15
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Revision 2 $10
Swiftech MCP655-B Water Pump $20
Swiftech MCR220 Dual 120mm Radiator $20
Swiftech MCB120 Radbox Revision 2 $5

Is it worth it to sell for $60-80 plus whatever extra little fittings you have? If you're getting rid of it for money, it's better to just keep it as you're losing out huge on your investment versus keeping some of the stuff. If you're getting rid of it because you'll never use it and hope someone else can enjoy it - I'm sure someone would pick up the whole thing as a bundle for $60-$80. Compare it to a brand new RASA kit etc. for example and you'll see a very old kit like this isn't worth that much anymore unfortunately.
Old July 12, 2011, 11:31 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah, I'm doubtful that I'll ever use it again. I've been toning down my computer usage since we started having kids anyway. I figure someone else can get into custom WC for fairly cheap. I bought the whole kit for $250 (found it on sale) so even if I can get around 100-120 for it + barbs, that'd be ok.

If I ever get into WCing again, it'd be with my kids if/when they get into computers...but given that my first is 1.5 yrs, and my second is still 1 week away....its going to be a good 10 years before that happens. At that point, I'd probably want to get something new.
Old July 12, 2011, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Codeman is definitely shortchanging you on the resale value of a couple of the components, so I'd say your expectation is quite reasonable.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old July 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You could get a heck of alot more for the pump than previously suggested. Its worth $40-50.
Old July 12, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Pump ($40-50), rad ($20-30) and res ($7-10) should be sellable. The rest depends on your luck...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old July 12, 2011, 04:13 PM
Top Prospect

Seriously you guys would pay that for a 3+ year old pump? I certainly wouldn't pay more than $20-$30 at most for a pump that's used up most of it's 50,000hour MTBF You can buy a brand new Koolance with Tach wire and variable speed for $75.

I guess I don't know the value... anyone want a Swiftech MCP35x pump with EK DDC Xtop Rev 2 for $90 then? It's only got 2 months of use on it... ;)
Old July 12, 2011, 06:28 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Seriously you guys would pay that for a 3+ year old pump? I certainly wouldn't pay more than $20-$30 at most for a pump that's used up most of it's 50,000hour MTBF You can buy a brand new Koolance with Tach wire and variable speed for $75.
If I ran it 24/7 for 3 years, it would only use up 1/2 of the 50k hours ;) As it is, I turn my computer off every night, so I highly doubt it's anywhere close to the 1/2 way point.

Thanks to everyone for the input on the value of the gear. It is much appreciated.
Old July 13, 2011, 04:54 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

the pump for sure is worth $50, thats what i sold mine for about a month and a half ago, and with the pump it always seems to go out of stock every few months. I sold my xspc delta v3 for $35 and the gt is like the same performance so you add a radiator and some other stuff you should be looking at $100. Just put it up all on CL as one and you should be able to easily sell it for $100-$140.
Old July 13, 2011, 07:59 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_mo View Post
the pump for sure is worth $50, thats what i sold mine for about a month and a half ago, and with the pump it always seems to go out of stock every few months. I sold my xspc delta v3 for $35 and the gt is like the same performance so you add a radiator and some other stuff you should be looking at $100. Just put it up all on CL as one and you should be able to easily sell it for $100-$140.
I've not been able to find it out of stock in over 6 months between all the places that sell them. The lowest price I saw as of yesterday was $66 for the Swiftech D5 vario. You guys can go ahead and pay $50 for a used pump... :) I'll stick to the new ones. Anyhow good luck with the search, hopefully you get decent $$ for your stuff!