Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Fans for three SR-1 480's

So I have three (3) Hardware Labs Black Ice SR-1 480mm radiators coming for my upcoming Little Devil PC-V8 build and am just wondering what fans to get for it?
I'm thinking of twelve (12)*(((NoiseBlocker))) PL-2 fans, but thats $260 for radiator fans...

Fans need to be all black, or black with red blades. I'm not painting any. Since I'm running three quad rads, they don't need to be high speed, and I rather not use a fan controller. So ~1400RPM is ideal.

Ideas?
Old July 9, 2011, 09:28 PM

My System Specs

Dood you must have some serious cash flow if you can afford one of those cases.

Anyways, those Noiseblocker PL-2's seem to be about the best low speed fan these days.
Old July 9, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Working the rigs now :) Im just a Floorhand but the wage is great! Almost doing overtime every day too :D great job while you're young still lol.

I was looking at those cheap Yates on NCIX, but I'm noe sure if the quality is that good...
Old July 9, 2011, 10:21 PM

My System Specs

I don't think anyone has ever tested the NCIX red/black Yates. That would be nice. I just bough 6 of the when they were 3.99 this past week. For $4 I doubt they can be beat.
Old July 9, 2011, 11:56 PM
Top Prospect

The noiseblockers are not that bad, but over priced. They do not have the best noise to performance ratio but they wil get the job done. just check out martins review on YouTube.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

These:

Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1,850rpm Silent Case Fan at Memory Express Computers

I had these laying around and finally tried them out to ventilate a case. (they were originally for a WC build) They move much more air than the Gelids, Noctuas and other Scythes I have laying around. For the amount of air they push they are decently quiet and are my new favorites.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:38 AM
Top Prospect

Matari - the NoiseBlockers are excellent. If you value noise quality over pure raw performance then go with the NoiseBlockers instead. If you're dying for that extra "0.1celcius" you can do so at the cost of noise. The GentleTyphoons are over hyped. I own an entire box of them... sitting on my desk which I replaced with the NoiseBlockers instead. I can actually run my NB fans at 200-300rpm higher than the GT's I had with better sound acoustics which negates any very slight airflow advantage of the GT's.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Matari - the NoiseBlockers are excellent. If you value noise quality over pure raw performance then go with the NoiseBlockers instead. If you're dying for that extra "0.1celcius" you can do so at the cost of noise. The GentleTyphoons are over hyped. I own an entire box of them... sitting on my desk which I replaced with the NoiseBlockers instead. I can actually run my NB fans at 200-300rpm higher than the GT's I had with better sound acoustics which negates any very slight airflow advantage of the GT's.
I like the fact that the GT's are available locally.
Old July 10, 2011, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

I can't find a single retailer with GT's, let alone thirteen of them. I'm not going to run the 1850 ones either. Seein how theyd be undervolted anyways, might as well get the GT-1450
Old July 10, 2011, 09:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have GT 1450RPM's on my SR1-360. Seems to do the job fine and silently. My DDC3.25 pump is the noisiest component