Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Am I missing anything? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/44789-am-i-missing-anything.html)

bvsbutthd101 July 9, 2011 12:04 PM

Am I missing anything?

Liquid Cooling My CPU

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 X-Flow Radiator - Black - FrozenCPU.com
Heatkiller Rev 3.0 1366 CPU Liquid Cooling Block - (14015) - FrozenCPU.com
EK Dual Bay SPIN Reservoir w/ Flow Meter - Acetal - FrozenCPU.com
Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH) - FrozenCPU.com
Bitspower Matte Black G1/4" Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID (BP-MBWP-C01) - FrozenCPU.com Quantity: 6
Lamptron Elite Aluminum Reusable 1/2" OD Liquid Tubing Clamps - Anodized Black - FrozenCPU.com Quantity: 8
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD with 1/8" Wall - 10ft Retail Pack - UV Blue (PFLEXP10-34-B) - FrozenCPU.com
Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid - 1000 ml - UV Blue (F1-0001) - FrozenCPU.com

lowfat July 9, 2011 12:19 PM

Any reason you are going w/ barbs + those clamps instead of compression fittings? For 50 cents more per fittings you can grab Koolance 1/2ID 3/4OD matte black compressions for Dazmode. Those lamptron clamps aren't generally thought to high of either.

Is there any specific reason you are going w/ the heatkiller CPU block? It is more expensive than the Koolance CPU-370 and not as good as a performer.

I wouldn't recommend a single pass radiator either. There really is no reason for one, as normal radiators are not restrictive.

Skip on the coolant too, just get a biocide additive.

Minus whale buy everything Dazmode too. http://smiliesftw.com/x/tongue.gif

bvsbutthd101 July 9, 2011 12:37 PM

K, I switch to these Fittings. What do you mean single pass radiator. You mean the ones with a fitting holes on one side of the radiator. If so how about this one. Radiator. Also I went with the cpu block you recommended. I'm new to custom water cooling so any suggestion are good. And whats a biocide additive.

lowfat July 9, 2011 12:46 PM

IandH Dead-Water Copper Sulfate Biocidal PC Coolant Additive - FrozenCPU.com

Add two to three drops of this to distilled water. Use that instead of the Feser One coolant.

As for the radiator, a single pass radiator the water only runs through the radiator once instead of twice. Not as efficient. That radiator would be a better choice.

bvsbutthd101 July 9, 2011 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, thanks for your help. Came out to be cheaper.
Just to make sure here's everything I'm getting.
Attachment 14106

BMAN69 July 9, 2011 01:21 PM

I have a quick question about the original poster's selection of fittings compared to tubing size.

If the compression fittings are " designed for 1/2" ID / 5/8" OD tubing only" Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Compression Nozzle - Black (NZL-V13-BK) - FrozenCPU.com, then why would he be getting 1/2" x 3/4 " tubing, am I missing something here?

lowfat July 9, 2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMAN69 (Post 531465)
I have a quick question about the original poster's selection of fittings compared to tubing size.

If the compression fittings are " designed for 1/2" ID / 5/8" OD tubing only" Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Compression Nozzle - Black (NZL-V13-BK) - FrozenCPU.com, then why would he be getting 1/2" x 3/4 " tubing, am I missing something here?

Good catch. He wants these fittings. Koolance 1/2" x 3/4" (13mm x 19mm) G1/4 Threaded Compression Nozzle - Black (NZL-V13-19KG-BK) - FrozenCPU.com

Have you tried pricing everything @ Dazmode.com? It should likely be similarly priced, and cheaper on shipping and brokerage.

IITSChiefII July 9, 2011 01:45 PM

list looks good after getting the right compressions. But I agree with these guys order it from dazmode, frozencpu has crazy shipping charges plus a ton of customs fees to bring all that into canada. one other thing maybe get the Koolance version of that d5 pump instead of swiftech it has an extra RPM sensor wire if you care about that.

howpet July 9, 2011 03:02 PM

Your original post is going to amount to a gazillion $$ especially since some of the items are shipping from the U.S.
Since the CPU is the main concern for now why not this:
Complete Watercooling Kits
I"d consider something other than an acetal block but everything else can easily be added on to these rads eg: nb or gpu.
Or an H60 kit, but the link above is way more upgradable...Hope you catch the W/C bug :clap:

bvsbutthd101 July 9, 2011 08:14 PM

people, I dont live in canada, I live in the US, shipping only cost me 12 bucks, just did everything on dazmode. Ended costing me hundred dollars more. I think I'm gonna stick with frozencpu.com
Also, one quick question. I don't need fittings for the pump right? Just the reservoir, radiator, and cpu block.