Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2011, 01:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

now that's what i'm talking about. I nice picture. Yeah I didn't know that it just came with the top. So you recommend the swiftech over the koolance one.
Old July 12, 2011, 01:29 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
No.

First, you buy this PUMP:
Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump [MCP655-B] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Then, you buy this TOP:
EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2 Products Model: EK-D5 X-TOP-V2 [EK-D5 X-TOP-V2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Then, you put those two together, as per the instructions that come with the top.

I have included a handy picture of the TOP I have mentioned in the SECOND link above.

Note that in my picture, the stuff I have marked with the colour RED is NOT included with the TOP...you only get the BLACK object you see, that is not clearly marked in RED.
Thank you Chris for clarifying!
Old July 12, 2011, 04:27 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
now that's what i'm talking about. I nice picture. Yeah I didn't know that it just came with the top. So you recommend the swiftech over the koolance one.

The Koolance D5 and Swiftech D5 pump are the same pump. from a company called laing now owned by ITT Corp.

swiftech puts a swiftech sticker on it and koolance puts a koolance sticker on it, only diffrence is koolance version has an additional rpm tach wire which u can plug into a fan controller or motherboard to moniter the pump. If you dont want/need that then get which ever is cheaper
Old July 12, 2011, 06:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks everyone. Im new to watercooling so this helped me out a lot. I appreciate your help and thanks again.