Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10, 2011, 09:55 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
I'm using a Coolermaster HAF 932. I'm going to mount the radiator to inside top of the case. You sent me two pumps, which one is better.
The quote has one pump, and one top for the pump (the pictures show the top installed, which is why you are confused). Read the descriptions a bit more closely.

That pump and top combo is great. I use those two combined. It also gives a few more options as to where the inlets and outlets are.
Fold for team #54196
Old July 10, 2011, 10:28 AM
MVP

My System Specs

So when you buy both of those, you replace the koolance part with the EK one.
Old July 10, 2011, 11:15 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

yup, you just remove the stock housing for the Koolance pump and screw in the new Ek top

this will help you alot, check his youtube channel he has complete guide from picking parts to completed build explains everything about watercooling.

Old July 10, 2011, 11:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

thanks, those videos helped a lot. I think I'm gonna go with this route and buy the pump and the ek top.
Old July 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
MVP

My System Specs

do you you guys recommend the Black Ice GT radiators. I'm trying to stick around the 70 dollar price range for the radiator. I see a couple EK and Koolance ones.
Old July 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

that black ice rad is 30fpi it will need fast high static pressure fans to shine. id go with the XSPC RX360 8fpi designed for slow fans (i hate noise) or if that is to thick of a rad (63mm) then get the RS360 (35mm thick) but if u want the absolute best temps without regard to noise then get that black ice. both ek and koolance rads are fine to, do note that a couple of the rads koolance makes are aluminum avoid those ones. you want to avoid adding anything with aluminum to your loop to avoid/slow down corrosion. which can be done by using proper coolant i use Koolance 702 blue coolant never had a problem with it for half a decade of using it. you can use just distilled water with additive for algae (ptnuke) or (IandH Dead-Water) many do with success some poeple just add a peice of 99% pure silver into the reservoir (silver kills bacteria), theres even silver tubing you can buy, but i wont risk it the whole fiasco with EK nickel plated blocks flaking was blamed on copper sulfate which is in ptnuke and deadwater. besides i love the look of clear tubing with uv blue coolant.

also make sure to flush the radiator out very well with distilled water before installing it in the case, when rads are made lots of $%^ is left inside of them minerals and paint flakes etc. some people use boiling tap or distilled water some people put the rad under the tap (hotwater) in the bathtub for 10mins some even use vinegar works well but dont leave it in long or it will eat away at the rad. either way make sure last thing u use to flush it is distilled water cause normal tap water has minerals.

RX360
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_667_ 671&products_id=25389

RS360
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_667_ 671&products_id=30285

Silver coil
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/IandH_Silver_KillCoils_-_Antimicrobial_999_Fine_Silver_Tubing_Reservoir_St rip.html
Old July 10, 2011, 02:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah, I care about noise so I think I'm gonna get a thicker Radiator.
RX360
Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old July 12, 2011, 07:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I was doing a little research on those pumps you guys sent me, wouldn't it make more sense just to buy the top from EK rather the whole pump.

EK-DDC X-TOP Rev 2 Acetal Products Model: EK-DDC X-TOP-V2-AC [EK-DDC X-TOP-V2-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2 Products Model: EK-D5 X-TOP-V2 [EK-D5 X-TOP-V2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old July 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
Not sure what you mean? You need to buy the pump, and then you replace the stock top with the enhanced EK top you buy separately.
Fold for team #54196
Old July 12, 2011, 09:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I was gonna buy this pump
Koolance PMP-450 High-flow Pump Products Model: PMP-450 [PMP-450] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
And instead of buying the whole EK Pump
I was gonna buy just top piece that comes with the EK, they sell it separately instead of buying the whole pump.
EK-DDC X-TOP Rev 2 Acetal Products Model: EK-DDC X-TOP-V2-AC [EK-DDC X-TOP-V2-AC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come