Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2011, 08:41 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
Also, one quick question. I don't need fittings for the pump right? Just the reservoir, radiator, and cpu block.
Exactly. The pump has it's own fittings.

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump maverick
Old July 9, 2011, 09:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Alright, then. Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate all your help.
Old July 9, 2011, 10:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Just so I'm 100% sure everything is correct do I have everything I need.

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator - Black - FrozenCPU.com
Koolance CPU-370 Liquid Cooling Extreme CPU Block - (No Fittings) - FrozenCPU.com
Koolance 1/2" x 3/4" (13mm x 19mm) G1/4 Threaded Compression Nozzle - Black (NZL-V13-19KG-BK) - FrozenCPU.com Quantity: 6
Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH) - FrozenCPU.com
EK Dual Bay SPIN Reservoir w/ Flow Meter - Acetal - FrozenCPU.com
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD with 1/8" Wall - 10ft Retail Pack - UV Blue (PFLEXP10-34-B) - FrozenCPU.com
IandH Dead-Water Copper Sulfate Biocidal PC Coolant Additive - FrozenCPU.com

And lowfat, do I add 2 or 3 drops of the additive biocide to all the water that's going into the liquid cooling system?
EDIT: Nevermind lowfat, it tells you on frozencpus website. 1 to 2 drops per liter :)

Last edited by bvsbutthd101; July 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old July 9, 2011, 10:46 PM

My System Specs

Looks like a good setup to me.
Old July 9, 2011, 11:50 PM
Top Prospect

I am not sure why everyone loves compression fittings. I find them more a pita than they are worth.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:20 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matari View Post
I am not sure why everyone loves compression fittings. I find them more a pita than they are worth.
I sure wouldn't know, maybe there more reliable. I just want whatever works the best and insures no leaks.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:31 AM
Top Prospect

Never had an issue with compression fittings - like anything, just make sure it is a snug fit. In my opinion, I like the look of compressions much better and when it comes time to remove things they are much less of a hassle than trying to remove clamps unless you use something like the lamptrons.

The only other suggestion would be to buy an aftermarket pump top for that D5 instead of wasting money on the 3/8" conversion kit. I'd go for the variable speed D5 as another mentioned, with an EK D5 xTop Rev 2. Performance is slightly better, and the ability to adjust the pump speed as well as use any fittings you'd like in the future is worth it over the long run for a little more. Just don't forget if you buy that, you will need 2 more fittings to make it work but trust me -- if you plan to keep your watercooling kit for a while, I would definitely spend a few more $$ on a pump top and the variable speed. You get better maximum performance on the D5 vario as well rather than the stock D5 which sits at about setting 4 of the variable speed out of the box.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Never had an issue with compression fittings - like anything, just make sure it is a snug fit. In my opinion, I like the look of compressions much better and when it comes time to remove things they are much less of a hassle than trying to remove clamps unless you use something like the lamptrons.

The only other suggestion would be to buy an aftermarket pump top for that D5 instead of wasting money on the 3/8" conversion kit. I'd go for the variable speed D5 as another mentioned, with an EK D5 xTop Rev 2. Performance is slightly better, and the ability to adjust the pump speed as well as use any fittings you'd like in the future is worth it over the long run for a little more. Just don't forget if you buy that, you will need 2 more fittings to make it work but trust me -- if you plan to keep your watercooling kit for a while, I would definitely spend a few more $$ on a pump top and the variable speed. You get better maximum performance on the D5 vario as well rather than the stock D5 which sits at about setting 4 of the variable speed out of the box.
I see that frozencpu doesn't carry that water pump. Where can I find it.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:51 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
I see that frozencpu doesn't carry that water pump. Where can I find it.
Koolance D5 vario pump with tach wire
Koolance PMP-450 High-flow Pump Products Model: PMP-450 [PMP-450] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

EK D5 Xtop Rev 2
EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2 Products Model: EK-D5 X-TOP-V2 [EK-D5 X-TOP-V2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

And, don't forget 2 more straight compression fittings :)

One other thing, what case are you using to install this in? You might want to have at least (1) 45 degree fitting, and (1) 90degree fitting just in case. That Primochill tubing is great, but it is very stiff (I use that tubing myself but the 1/2", so yours might be a bit better) and to get it to bend in tight spots can sometimes be a PITA. Try to visualise your setup while you're buying your parts beforehand to see if you might need one or two.

Last edited by codeman; July 10, 2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old July 10, 2011, 08:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Koolance D5 vario pump with tach wire
Koolance PMP-450 High-flow Pump Products Model: PMP-450 [PMP-450] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

EK D5 Xtop Rev 2
EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2 Products Model: EK-D5 X-TOP-V2 [EK-D5 X-TOP-V2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

And, don't forget 2 more straight compression fittings :)

One other thing, what case are you using to install this in? You might want to have at least (1) 45 degree fitting, and (1) 90degree fitting just in case. That Primochill tubing is great, but it is very stiff (I use that tubing myself but the 1/2", so yours might be a bit better) and to get it to bend in tight spots can sometimes be a PITA. Try to visualise your setup while you're buying your parts beforehand to see if you might need one or two.
I'm using a Coolermaster HAF 932. I'm going to mount the radiator to inside top of the case. You sent me two pumps, which one is better.