Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2011, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto View Post
@enaberif
Yeah it does have a bit more of an organized look but it's also at a considerably higher price. Would it being just one cavity really present a big hurdle for organization?
When it comes to water cooling and trying to keep most of your stuff inside yes it makes that much of a difference.
Old July 5, 2011, 12:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

@turtletax
Would you happen to know of some good bayreses(sp?) that I should consider for the build if it does go to the 800D?

Hey alberto.

It depends on the pump being used but Koolance has some really neat offerings for double pump bayres's.

Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

The RP series are pretty slick now they have addressed the bleeding issues. Initial revisions were crazy hard to bleed, but Koolance stepped up and offered a free upgrade to early adopters. Nice to see that level of support.

There is an RP for the D5 pump that can be used with one pump or two, and one for the DDC pump series that also allows for one or two pumps. . Nice thing about these res styles is they offer every kind of pump and tubing config you could ever use. Series, parallel, single loop, dual... you name it.

Here is the evolution of my 800D and will add some fresh pics once I get my Aquaero 5 and Poweradjust II working properly.

{DazMode Forum} • View topic - 800D build (Admiral Contest)

One thing I have learned in 10 years of watercooling is cheaping out only wastes money. I know it is hard when building a loop for others, but if the person is not serious about watercooling, I steer them back to air.
Old July 5, 2011, 01:16 PM
Rookie

@enaberif
Yeah I suppose it does make a difference, at the end of the day, for better or worse I can't force the customer to decide on one or another so we'll see how it goes.

@turtletrax
would you mind posting front shots of your build? I looked at the thread you linked to and it all looks good, I was just wondering if there was a specific purpose for having the 2 seperate reservoirs? the bay res and the tube res
I also noticed you didn't use compression fittings, are they just unnecessary or do you plan on adding them at some point? I apologize if any of my questions seem out of the ordinary, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start building :P
Old July 5, 2011, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
@kongfoo911
haha yeah just read your post and replied. And like I said in the other thread, your case looks like it could support a WC system without much trouble. What's the size of your rad if i may ask?
On top is 360mm RAD (internally mounted) and 240mm on the back of the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Its all one cavity in the Haf-X where the 800D is split up which makes it MUCH easier to manage and route stuff internally.
Each to their own on this one. Cable routing is totally depending on how you much time you put into it. Originally I've debated between 800D and the HAF-X. I would have bought the 800D but my justification is the price, and compartmentalize of each zone is insignificant if you're watercool, heat is a non-issue.

Old July 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongfoo911 View Post
On top is 360mm RAD (internally mounted) and 240mm on the back of the case.
Wait so you have 2 rads mounted? Is that required for a system like yours or is that overkill?
Old July 5, 2011, 03:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

@turtletrax
would you mind posting front shots of your build? I looked at the thread you linked to and it all looks good, I was just wondering if there was a specific purpose for having the 2 seperate reservoirs? the bay res and the tube res
I also noticed you didn't use compression fittings, are they just unnecessary or do you plan on adding them at some point? I apologize if any of my questions seem out of the ordinary, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start building :P
Hey alberto.

Here is a pic of the front.

Also, I didnt use both the bay res and tube. I had the tube at the beginning and until the RP became available I never liked the bay style. Dual DDCs was always a pain to place and loved the fact this res allowed for dual loop or single and parallel and serial. It was love at first sight.

It is a bit of an advanced move, but I go with 3/8" hose over 1/2" barbs. You have to boil water and dip the end of the tube in the hot water until it has reached its max temp then quickly work the tube over the barb. Can be tricky because you have to work quick and have to push fairly hard, so you can actually damage things. You will never have a leak and I have done this with dual DDC in parallel as well as more powerful pumps and never had a leak from tube to barb. This can save you quite a bit on comp fittings but can be very hard to get off the barb. I use Bitspower 1/2" fatboy barbs and have had to cut the tubing off to remove it, but most of the time you can get them off. This is why I like to use one set of quick disconnects in the loop. The money saved from no compressions easily covers the cost of the pair of QDCs. The Koolance 1/2" extreme flows literally let one drop of fluid out after separation. I also notice no drop it tangible flow.

Lots to take in, but you are asking the right questions.

Edit: Also want to say I found my 800D on sale for $260 with tax. Not sure if they go on sale often, but they do. I was a staunch Silverstone user 'till the 800D came out. Also maybe consider the 700D?

Last edited by turtletrax; July 5, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old July 5, 2011, 05:10 PM
Rookie

Nice rig turterax looks just like mine lol
The RP-452X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir I would recommend as well. I have it in my duel loop but you can make it a single res if needed.
In turterax pic I have gone the same with the rad at the top but a hung a second off the back of the case.
Old July 5, 2011, 05:43 PM
Rookie

Well then it's settled. Customer ended up deciding on the 800D. Thanks everyone for all the input, it was all very appreciated!
Old July 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
Rookie

No problem. Good luck on the build
Old July 5, 2011, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Haha, yeah thanks, I'll probably be posting here left and right asking for help :P

Also, @ Turtletrax, now that I decided on the 800D and you've helped me out this far you are going to have to expect many'a private messages asking for help along the way, sorry :)