Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2011, 05:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I currently use a Koolance RP-402X2 dual DDC bay res, which is in the second pic. Top pic is the Bitspower. The bottom has the Koolance 770ml reservoir and the RP-402X2.
Hey LF. Do you have the first or second rev of the 402X2? I have the first one without any of the mods they made for it and honestly the thing drives me crazy.

Any time I have to purge my loop for hardware change or cleaning I know I have a week of bleeding ahead of me including rolling my 85lb case around the house like an acrobat to get it bled.
Old July 1, 2011, 06:04 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Hey LF. Do you have the first or second rev of the 402X2? I have the first one without any of the mods they made for it and honestly the thing drives me crazy.

Any time I have to purge my loop for hardware change or cleaning I know I have a week of bleeding ahead of me including rolling my 85lb case around the house like an acrobat to get it bled.
I have the first revision. And it definitely was a pain in the ass to bleed. I had to bleed a system w/ 2 rads, 2 CPU blocks, 2 GPU blocks, and an SR-2 full cover. All internal. Definitely the hardest bleed job I've ever had. Supposedly the bleed kit makes it substantially better, from the looks of it it should. If you don't have it already it is free up until Sept 1st for people who already puchased the reservoir. This is how issues w/ products should be handled. Not blaming the customer. I haven't got around to asking for mine yet though.
Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive
Old July 1, 2011, 07:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I have the first revision. And it definitely was a pain in the ass to bleed. I had to bleed a system w/ 2 rads, 2 CPU blocks, 2 GPU blocks, and an SR-2 full cover. All internal. Definitely the hardest bleed job I've ever had. Supposedly the bleed kit makes it substantially better, from the looks of it it should. If you don't have it already it is free up until Sept 1st for people who already puchased the reservoir. This is how issues w/ products should be handled. Not blaming the customer. I haven't got around to asking for mine yet though.
Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive
Ya, I definitely didnt have it as bad as you, but still had dual rads one up top with barbs down and dual DDC-2's. Using a Aquaero still pumped everything into basically aerosol sized bubbles on start, and then took hours to get that into smaller bubbles, let alone out of the loop.

Thanks for the heads up on the bleed kit. Will grab that asap.
Old July 2, 2011, 12:14 AM
Top Prospect

My reservoir prob... I mean collection!!!

Both EK reservoirs leak and or have broken clamps.