Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2011, 07:21 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Non-metallic liquid or solid substance which (when melted or dissolved in water or a solvent) disassociates into ions and can transmit electric current through positively and negatively charged ions (as opposed to electrons in metals). Common electrolytes include salts such as aluminum sulfate, ammonium chloride, copper sulfate, sodium chloride (table salt), and acids such as hydrochloric and sulfuric. See also electrolysis.

Yes.....but that is not "common grounding" with the rad. In a corrosion cell, electron flow only travels through the metallic path. It can go through the electrolyte, but in this case it wouldnt. Unless you dump salt or something in the electrolyte.
Old July 4, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper(II)_sulfate
Copper(II) sulfate is the chemical compound with the formulaCuSO4. This salt exists as a series of compounds that differ in their degree of hydration. The anhydrous form is a pale green or gray-white powder, whereas the pentahydrate (CuSO45H2O), the most commonly encountered salt, is bright blue. Copper sulfate exothermically dissolves in water to give the aquo complex [Cu(H2O)6]2+, which has octahedral molecular geometry and is paramagnetic. Other names for copper(II) sulfate are "blue vitriol" and "bluestone".[1]

electrolyte is conductive for electrons flow
Old July 4, 2011, 05:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post

electrolyte CAN BE conductive for electrons flow WITH A HIGH VOLTAGE POTENTIAL
fixed

In previous post, electrons are being referred to as in current flow.
Old July 8, 2011, 06:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Golly. I had only made one comment about the coolant path being an avenue for conductivity and the discussion takes off. :)

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump maverick