Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2011, 10:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just cycle your power supply a few times to allow the pump to turn off and on a few times to push all the air through and keep your reservoir topped off.
Old June 14, 2011, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Oh and from that pic I can totally see the bubbles in that pump!
Old June 14, 2011, 11:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dazmode? Not enough selection? That's pretty much the best thing since sliced bread for WC'ers in Canada.

You could try ordering from sidewinders

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old June 15, 2011, 07:35 AM
Top Prospect

Dazmode has typically the best selection you will find in Canada at least. For all the rest, despite the high shipping costs, I like to use FrozenCPU. They have just about EVERY little screw, fitting, rad, pump, block etc. I'd want outside of a few more 'rare' parts like AquaComputer stuff. For those parts, I like performance-pcs.com - Sidewinder is OK too but personally I like PerformancePCS better - they have a little more stuff and their shop is more organised; also one time I ordered from Sidewinders and I received what looked to me like a few used BitsPower fittings. I've never seen that in any of the 40+ fittings I've purchased from anywhere else but Sidewinders.
Old June 15, 2011, 09:06 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you still have air in your loop, start shaking and moving your case around to dismount the pockets of air! Worked like a charm for me!
Old June 15, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
lol KaptCrunch, aren't you the guy running around with advice for everyone yet you've never seen a reverse ATX setup before? :P too funny!

Modus - to run the pump at a lower speed you'll have to hook it up to a good fan controller with a decent amount of wattage per channel to handle the power drain (you'll need a molex to 3pin fan connection plug). Either that, or you could try your hand at running the pump at 5 volts, by swapping out the pins in the molex plug accordingly; might not be your best bet though depending on the pump.

Which one do you have? A DDC 3.2, 3.25? I see the blue impeller...
funny yes but i know how to not burn-up fan controlier by over loading them with pump motors
Old June 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
Top Prospect

I think I'm going to order from forzencpu.com. they have the bitspower res I was looking for along with the EK acetal block.
Old June 17, 2011, 08:08 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
funny yes but i know how to not burn-up fan controlier by over loading them with pump motors
lol, what?? You obviously don't know what you're talking about here either. You buy one of course, that has enough Amperage/Wattage to handle the pump.

Kind of like how I can run a D5 off of an Aquaero 5 without burning it up ;) Good try though bud!
Old June 17, 2011, 10:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
lol, what?? You obviously don't know what you're talking about here either. You buy one of course, that has enough Amperage/Wattage to handle the pump.

Kind of like how I can run a D5 off of an Aquaero 5 without burning it up ;) Good try though bud!
well the spec's of your controlier states

A integrated realtime electronic fuse can be set for any channel in 100mA steps.
Quote:

The fan channels are supplying PWM free analog DC voltage to prevent noise
generation. Any fan channel can deliver a current of 1,65A and the maximum combined
current of all channels is 5A. Depending on the used heatsink the maximum power
dissipation is dynamic limited.

A integrated realtime electronic fuse can be set for any channel in 100mA steps.
laing
Quote:

Power Consumption*: Min. start-up power consumption less than 1 Watt, max. power
consumption 22 Watts
Current Draw: 0.25 - 1.46 A
awful close to max rating (20 mlA)
Old June 18, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

isn't both lines supposed to have water in them? looking at line that goes into the top part of the res it looks like air isn't the res supposed to be full?