Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You need to bleed the loop properly. It's obviously trapped air bubbles

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old June 13, 2011, 07:50 PM
Top Prospect

this is going to sound stupid but by bleed you mean to drain the loop entirely and refill?
Old June 13, 2011, 07:52 PM
Banned

the water level in the reservoir is too low, the pump suck air at the same time
Old June 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
Top Prospect

throttle your pump speed - your reservoir is way too small for the amount of flow you've got in that loop. You're going to have very very high flow rates in that tiny loop with one of those pumps on full blast.

Don't drain it, it's fine... run the pump on a slower speed for a while. After you run it for a while, loosen the cap on the top of the little reservoir to release some air pressure. That'll help.
Old June 14, 2011, 04:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The exact same thing happened to me when I built my loop, I tried everything, even tilting the computer in every angle possible with the pump going and nothing but after about 3 days it went away.
I guess there's an air pocket in the rad and it slowly bleeds itself.
Old June 14, 2011, 11:42 AM
Top Prospect

how do I run the pump at a slower speed? it has a molex connector and then a two pin connector(but only one pin wired).

I think I'm just going to purchase a new res(tube style) and a new CPU block, not happy with the danger den one I have.
Old June 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus View Post
how do I run the pump at a slower speed? it has a molex connector and then a two pin connector(but only one pin wired).

I think I'm just going to purchase a new res(tube style) and a new CPU block, not happy with the danger den one I have.
any reason why case upside down

looks to me that you have the case upside down in that picture(the video card position tells it)

the rad on top or bottom of case ? best for bleeding system is have the MotherBoard flat down with cards facing up (ceiling side) and since the pump is loose turn it 90 an hold above case opening with towels below to catch any leaks/spills, fill rez to full then cycle pump on/off to get the air out

and fill rez when level drops after pump is off
Attached Images

Old June 14, 2011, 08:53 PM
Top Prospect

haha no the case isn't upside down. it's a Lian-Li PC-A05NB, its just the way it's designed.
Old June 14, 2011, 09:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
any reason why case upside down

looks to me that you have the case upside down in that picture(the video card position tells it)

the rad on top or bottom of case ? best for bleeding system is have the MotherBoard flat down with cards facing up (ceiling side) and since the pump is loose turn it 90 an hold above case opening with towels below to catch any leaks/spills, fill rez to full then cycle pump on/off to get the air out

and fill rez when level drops after pump is off
lol KaptCrunch, aren't you the guy running around with advice for everyone yet you've never seen a reverse ATX setup before? :P too funny!

Modus - to run the pump at a lower speed you'll have to hook it up to a good fan controller with a decent amount of wattage per channel to handle the power drain (you'll need a molex to 3pin fan connection plug). Either that, or you could try your hand at running the pump at 5 volts, by swapping out the pins in the molex plug accordingly; might not be your best bet though depending on the pump.

Which one do you have? A DDC 3.2, 3.25? I see the blue impeller...
Old June 14, 2011, 09:39 PM
Top Prospect

it's a DDC 3.21. Where can I order WC parts in Canada? NCIX/Dazmode doesn't have much of a selection...