Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2011, 12:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Help First Time Watercooler'er!

Hey,

Well Iím building my first rig in anticipation for X79 Iíve been through 2 Alienware ALX pcís even though there ALX brand stands for Alien Luxury Xperience its been far from that lol. This will be my first water cooling build also. I do have some experience with water cooling as both of my previous Alienwareís have had full custom loops. Alienware only starting using cpu only closed loop H70 type systems once Dell bought them.

So for the past several weeks Iíve locked myself in my room and researched all current WC parts/reviews/tests and I have an idea of what I want to do before I pull the trigger I would like to ask you guys for your opinions and criticism as im still a nub compared to you guys lol and may have overlooked something. id really appreciate your help J

My aim is a Silent WC build with only slight overclocking, 24/7 type. Ill move my current system into it until X79 hits so ultimately this is for a X79 6Core and single nvidia 600series gpu once they hit

Case Corsair 650D
  • Fancontroller:Lamptron FC Touch
  • CPU Block: Koolance 370 (used to be Supreme HF before nickel issue)
  • Fittings: Bitspower 3/8 1/2 Compression, straight/45į/rotary/tblock etc
  • Radiators: XSPC RS240 & RX360 (from what I understand these are the best low speed radiators)
  • Reservoir Bay: XSPC Dual 5.25Ē Reservoir for one Laing D5
  • Pump: Koolance D5 Pump Vario Speed PMP-450 ( not 100% sure this or a ddc?)
  • Tube: Feser Tube 3/8" ID - 1/2" OD - CLEAR/UV BLUE ( I like the looks of thin tube and from the reviews/tests ive seen theres like a .3įc difference between 3/8id and 1/2id
  • Fans: 6x Gelid wing12 1500rpm UV Blue / 3x Delta EFB Triple-bladed impeller 3300rpm(Low Pitch/high static do to only 3 blades) only added the deltas for hot times summer etc
  • Coolant: Thermochill EC6 Non Conductive Coolant - UV Blue (Yes I know this is probably the biggest heated debate lol. From the reviews and tests I could find EC6 is actually better at heat transfer then distilled H2O which is unheard-of as I understand and unlike all other premixed coolants under tests it supposedly doesnít ďgunk upĒ Iíve heard that feser one uv blue/red are the worst? and that it only happens at high temps? And yes I know ALL liquids are conductive or will very quickly become so, unless you have 3M Fluorinert that cost like $1000 liter lol
Bulk of my knowledge comes from dazmodeís youtube WC tutorials watched everyone least 4 times lol (also who im ordering my wc parts from only place in Canada ive found along with couple items at NCIX/Directcanada).

First lets laught at Alienware for trying to cable manage liquid tubes lol! (how my first alienware arrived long time ago)

Anyway back to business this is what I have in mind (rough draft)
Old June 12, 2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Hi, I will save few few $$$$,, You don't need the external rad with only the CPU in the loop, I will go with Reservoir/pump -- cpu cooler -- rad --- reservoir / pump.. way less tubing to see inside the case too.

also note , in your drawing you put the inlet of the cpu block in the outside hole , the inlet is the hole in the center

A dual rad is more than enough, i'm not folding with a AMD 1090T OC at 3,6 and the temp are 35'C
Old June 12, 2011, 01:17 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanboy View Post
Hi, I will save few few $$$$,, You don't need the external rad with only the CPU in the loop, I will go with Reservoir/pump -- cpu cooler -- rad --- reservoir / pump.. way less tubing to see inside the case too.

also note , in your drawing you put the inlet of the cpu block in the outside hole , the inlet is the hole in the center

A dual rad is more than enough, i'm not folding with a AMD 1090T OC at 3,6 and the temp are 35'C

LOL nice catch with the inlet hole haha ya the diagram was ment for ek supreme then I switched the tubing last moment for the 370 didnt realize I messed up lol. But ya it will only be a cpu loop for now untill around christmas for the gpu. guess by that time it will be time to clean the loop anyway 6 months from now could just add a 2nd rad then along with the gpu block. thanks for the input nice temps btw!