Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2011, 07:06 PM
Top Prospect

Question Best Radiator for Noise Reduction

Hey guys,

So having owned a few radiators now (a couple of each: Swiftech, EK and Coolstream) I'm finding some are worse than others for their sound signatures and amplifying fan noises. In specific, while the Coolstream is an excellent performer and it has 4 input/output options which is really handy, the sound of the fan motor etc. is amplified to a greater degree on these than the EK and Swiftech rads. Right now I have an EK and Coolstream rad side-by-side running the same Gentle Typhoon fans at the exact same voltage and I can definitely tell the difference.

My question is: has anyone taken this into account yet? If so, which radiator have you found to be the best in terms of solid build quality and the least amount of noise amplification?