Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2011, 03:16 PM
Banned

The reason I ask is because it's few month Iím thinking of something to flush them, like using a 5 gal of RO water to feed the loop and you drain it at same time in another 5 gal. With only the pump working; may look a lot of work, but us fish keeper are used to do it in our aquariums, what I'm thinking it's some kind of quick connectors on part of the loop to achieve it.

Letís keep this option dead for now, I will come back later with a setup and few pics.

Speaking of aquarium, what about a filter, not those fake Koolance one with a huge mesh size, put something in the order of micron ?
Old June 9, 2011, 04:17 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

a custom cpu block builder at evga stated a Auto. inline fuel filter should do the trick. high flow , high pressure , fine filter , not sure if you can get clear ones any more.
I might use one if I keep my block,s. install it down stream from gpu & mb block,s before the cpu .
Old June 9, 2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNTAMED View Post
a custom cpu block builder at evga stated a Auto. inline fuel filter should do the trick. high flow , high pressure , fine filter , not sure if you can get clear ones any more.
I might use one if I keep my block,s. install it down stream from gpu & mb block,s before the cpu .

they sell clear fuel filter at Canadian Tire for Snowmobile the problem is 1/4" or less.
Old June 10, 2011, 04:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

-it would be a last resort for me putting a filter in , but would look in the auto -tractor suppler maybe. 1\ 2 " needed ,
-sort of pissed right now , having picked up a new Koolance 370 to get max. flow , now a possible in line filter.
Old June 12, 2011, 07:13 AM
Banned

Ok for now I'm working on my auto flushing experiment, if you look at my rough drawing,( sorry I can find my DVD of autocad for now ) you will notice that I plan to connect the RO-DI unit between the reservoir and the pump, so it will bring new pure water to the loop, the exec dent of water will be exhaust on the top of reservoir to the sink. This setup is in my lab on a bench at the side of the sink, itís not practical for the common WC build, what Iím trying to evaluate now, is the frequency of water change when using pure distillated water. I will have few systems on the bench with different type of water block, at the same time those systems will fold to test the stability of OC CPU .

P..S the RO unit is not continually running on the loop, I will start it when I need to change water.