My System Specs

Good review.
Old June 18, 2011, 10:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
That is about what it does for me. I got my 2600k up to 4.6 and I'm sitting at about 44C at idle and it hits about 72ish on normal-heavy load. Of course it does even better when ambient is not at 25 like it is right now in my place. Although I am looking forward to maybe moving up to the H100.

Ok, I was dumb and tired when I wrote that. The temp in my house was 26, and I had not let it the cpu completely cool after running some stress tests minutes before. So this morning I look and I'm at 39-40C with the ambient temp 24-25.

Old June 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
MVP

Great review!

These type of coolers have a definite place just as the available massive chunks of fan & metal we like to call high end air cooling do. The build, budget and the builders' intentions will always dictate the type of cooling used.

In my main build I have a Noctua NC-H14 cooling an overclocked 2600K and am please with it's performance. This is one big cooler though & may not fit all boards or cases. I'm a pc enthusiast though, and the best thing I can say about it is that I got exactly what I payed for.

My next build though is an ITX format project which will use either the Corsair H60 or the Antec 620 self contained water coolers, my first dip into water cooling. The reason being is that in such a limited space , using probably the Lian-Li PC-Q11 or Silverstone SG05, there are very few if any "traditional" heatsink/fan units that will adequately cool the overclocked i5-2500k or i7-2600k processor that will go into this build. There is also the "curious" factor but after doing lots of reading, I think that this project will work very well.

All these solutions have a place and I'm happy that they exist so we have the choice.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4.8Ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z77
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z (1866MhZ CAS9)
NZXT Kraken X60 CPU Cooler
2x Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD (RAID 0)
Seagate 7200.12 500gig HD
Galaxy GTX660Ti 3GB
LG DVDR
NZXT Phantom 630 Case
Antec TruPower New 750W Power Supply
Old July 14, 2011, 06:33 PM
Rookie

I'm glad i got my H70, what ppl fail to see about these closed loop cooler is they give similar performance to similar priced Air cooler without having to hang 1kg on the CPU socket.

Great if u carry ur comp for lanparty or for whatever other reason. Itl be safer in the moving truck as well.

So my thoughts are similar to previous poster regarding these coolers
Old July 18, 2011, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So I finally got my H60 today, and was all excited, and went to install it. 2 hours after I started, I've basically come to the conclusion that I think I got sent a dead H60. I followed the instructions fully, and every time I turned my PC on, it would shutdown about 5 seconds afterwards due to the heat. I read that when the unit first starts, you should hear a gargelling noise, never heard that, and I don't even feel the slightest vibration or anything coming from the CPU block to indicate it's working. Thank you Corsair!
Old July 18, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemminr View Post
So I finally got my H60 today, and was all excited, and went to install it. 2 hours after I started, I've basically come to the conclusion that I think I got sent a dead H60. I followed the instructions fully, and every time I turned my PC on, it would shutdown about 5 seconds afterwards due to the heat. I read that when the unit first starts, you should hear a gargelling noise, never heard that, and I don't even feel the slightest vibration or anything coming from the CPU block to indicate it's working. Thank you Corsair!
Did you put the pump on the proper header? Did you try a different fan header?
Old July 18, 2011, 07:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

ALas DOA's happen. It doesn't matter how good the company is.

Try what Ena said and go to another header or make sure that you have your BIOS Fan control on full manual not AUto.
I know that someone I knew used an ECO and the pump for whatever reason didn't work when the board was set to cool and quiet.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 18, 2011, 07:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Did you put the pump on the proper header? Did you try a different fan header?
I tried all 3 of the fan headers on my motherboard, and even hooked the pump up directly to the PSU as a last resort to see if that would work and still nothing. I know for a fact that all 3 fan headers do work, and it shouldn't be a BIOS issue as the fan was hooked up to the CPU header and it worked just fine.
Old July 18, 2011, 07:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemminr View Post
I tried all 3 of the fan headers on my motherboard, and even hooked the pump up directly to the PSU as a last resort to see if that would work and still nothing.
RMA it then, no matter where you bought it from in the store it should be 30 days refund/exchange.
DOA's do happen.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
Rookie

I just picked up a couple H60's for my vid cards, two 5850's. It was a easy mod to get them to fit. Im not sure how well they work yet since the Foxcomm socket melted on my ASUS motherboad Sabertooth 55i my but I will have my new EVGA P55 SLI by the weekend and will post my temps then. Although I have run my other pump to get it all rdy to just plug the mobo in and go, I didnt find the fans noisy at all. I have two 120mm X 38 for the rad for my CPU and the Corsair are only 120X25 it makes less noise then the vid cards did on high. I cannot wait , I was able to pull P9506 with 3DMark11 with the stock coolers on my vid cards Im sure I should be able to break 10,000 now that the temps will be under controle.

PS: I got my H60's for $59.99 at Canada Computers on sale