Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2011, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
.sometimes a little more direct than palatable but still brutally honest in how he sees it
Red's vision is bit blurred sometimes, so he bites on anything that moves! He is really funny with what he does, props for that!
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 7, 2011, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Red's vision is bit blurred sometimes, so he bites on anything that moves! He is really funny with what he does, props for that!
while I don't always enjoy getting bitten at least I know he will bite you in the face instead of waiting for you to turn your back and bite you in the backside. I have enough 'friends' who are back biters and talk smack behind my back . . . people you would not expect. Maybe we need more politicians like Red instead of Weiner so at least we have some level of honestly and you know what you are getting.
Old June 7, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

I suggest to branch this part to "Off topic" section, so won't get this get closed again.
Old June 7, 2011, 02:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Um, I'd ask you to not discuss Red Raider and his posting habits in this thread please. While RR is very knowledgeable in the world of watercooling, he forgot that our board has a different code of conduct than his which the admins expect us to enforce. While I understand his enthusiasm, HWC doesn't permit direct attacks on other members.

Please feel free to continue discussion of EK's RMA procedure and policy though. I'd like to hear updates as people get information back.
Old June 7, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nothing new to report at the moment. Seems nobody pulled the trigger with RMA since the announcement.
Old June 7, 2011, 04:12 PM
Rookie

While this whole thing is a real shame the worse part for the Watercooling market is EK is one of the few companies that made waterblocks for non-reference designed cards like the MSI lightning series of cards.
Old June 7, 2011, 04:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Um, I'd ask you to not discuss Red Raider and his posting habits in this thread please. While RR is very knowledgeable in the world of watercooling, he forgot that our board has a different code of conduct than his which the admins expect us to enforce. While I understand his enthusiasm, HWC doesn't permit direct attacks on other members.

Please feel free to continue discussion of EK's RMA procedure and policy though. I'd like to hear updates as people get information back.
will do.
Old June 7, 2011, 05:00 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Can I just chime in with my "I told you so..." :D Called it, despite everyone thinking "yeah right man, PTNuke and Silver coil? You use anti-corrosive???"

.... wait for it.... told you!

Thought I'd throw in a snap of a block of mine that's been under Feser One for a few months. I guess you can never completely rule out manufacturing defects with any brand quite honestly; but I HIGHLY doubt EK would lie straight out about test results to the point of fudging association with the company that oversaw the testing and messing with data/images or something crazy like that, that I see others going on about. The results PDF is quite a good and interesting read actually. Highly recommend reading through for any watercooling hobbyist as there is information on why it's wise to run anti-corrosive 'just in case'. Specifically, the results mention other products and processed used in creating the blocks, as well as your radiators that may contribute to corrosion in cases without corrosion inhibiting coolant additives.
Remember that the plating issue has been confirmed to happen with Feser One coolant as well. Personally I am going to continue using silver as well as PT Nuke in my loops. I will just no longer purchase EK blocks. Although I rarely bought them anyway due to their poor mounting.
Old June 7, 2011, 05:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Nothing new to report at the moment. Seems nobody pulled the trigger with RMA since the announcement.
while i could request an rma from you daz for a nickel gtx580 block,plus a classified chipset block from elsewhere in the usa,i have already got the ball rolling to change the blocks out.

gonna use a nickel bitspower classfied block and a nickel bitspower mosfet block,and a nickel plated ac580 block.
i now have a couple expensive ek paperweights

frustrating part for me is i was ready to fill the system and finally have it up and running
Old June 7, 2011, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Wouldn't be less hassle to switch to copper version? You can't quite see GPU blocks anyway.

Off-topic. Darn Canada Post strike just a cherry on the top of all of this mess.