Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Re: mataribot

I have never seen anything like that. Looks like case of manufacturer defect for me. Send RMA request ans let everybody know what EK says.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 6, 2011, 05:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
If I read this right, EK says that Copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate (CuSO45H2O) based products (Pt-Nuke) will corrode their plating for sure, while anything else seems do not show the same symptoms. Protector is Feser Base in bigger bottle; a glycol based solution.

I have system that I run on pure water for 6 months (not even silver wire) and last two on mix of Feser green dye and Protector. I relly need that PC for work, but I will open it up and check what I have. My Supreme is from relatively fresh batch. If corrosion is present my decision process will be simplified dramatically.
Thanks Daz. I just need to be sure that a future RMA won't be rejected by EK if I get a nickel block for my 580 and run with Dazmode Protector. Not interested in anything on EK's approved list in order to RMA.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 6, 2011, 08:45 PM
Top Prospect

Can I just chime in with my "I told you so..." :D Called it, despite everyone thinking "yeah right man, PTNuke and Silver coil? You use anti-corrosive???"

.... wait for it.... told you!

Thought I'd throw in a snap of a block of mine that's been under Feser One for a few months. I guess you can never completely rule out manufacturing defects with any brand quite honestly; but I HIGHLY doubt EK would lie straight out about test results to the point of fudging association with the company that oversaw the testing and messing with data/images or something crazy like that, that I see others going on about. The results PDF is quite a good and interesting read actually. Highly recommend reading through for any watercooling hobbyist as there is information on why it's wise to run anti-corrosive 'just in case'. Specifically, the results mention other products and processed used in creating the blocks, as well as your radiators that may contribute to corrosion in cases without corrosion inhibiting coolant additives.

Last edited by codeman; June 6, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old June 6, 2011, 10:04 PM
Top Prospect

Daz, I thought it was gunk in my loop, but it comes from the nickel platting. I can pluck as much as I want with tweezers.
Old June 7, 2011, 05:23 AM
Rookie

sigh . . . .RedRaider has some experts behind him seems to have done research on plating so hopefully that information will flow back to EK so they can fix things. They make awesome products in general so it would be a shame to see this mess all that up.
Old June 7, 2011, 08:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Eddy KNOWS that his company is in danger - plain and simple. Like many "reviewers", he is going to "stretch the truth", as much as possible to save himself. I honestly wouldn't trust anything released from EK at this point. I know some of you are asking "well, how can you trust anything from RRTech? Theyre a bunch of hardass ignorant pricks..." Well even so, I trust them. I trust them because they havent lied once in this hobby, about anything they've claimed.

RRTech is rough when it comes to issues like this, to the point where Rubidium rubs his own test results. (He's got a PhD in nuclear physics, along with other degrees in chem.)

I know a few people here, on HWC, that have had their "feelings hurt" over there, an that some people just straight out don't agree with how things roll over there. I'm not going to name names, but one of you in particular have had a hard time there. This post I just made is in no way directed to you, or for you. Do not think I'm insulting you... I'm just like everyone else right now, saying what I want.
Old June 7, 2011, 08:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Eddy KNOWS that his company is in danger - plain and simple. Like many "reviewers", he is going to "stretch the truth", as much as possible to save himself. I honestly wouldn't trust anything released from EK at this point. I know some of you are asking "well, how can you trust anything from RRTech? Theyre a bunch of hardass ignorant pricks..." Well even so, I trust them. I trust them because they havent lied once in this hobby, about anything they've claimed.

RRTech is rough when it comes to issues like this, to the point where Rubidium rubs his own test results. (He's got a PhD in nuclear physics, along with other degrees in chem.)

I know a few people here, on HWC, that have had their "feelings hurt" over there, an that some people just straight out don't agree with how things roll over there. I'm not going to name names, but one of you in particular have had a hard time there. This post I just made is in no way directed to you, or for you. Do not think I'm insulting you... I'm just like everyone else right now, saying what I want.
Just so we're clear here..... any actions that were taken WRT posting priviliges here were based on the tone of posting, not necessarily the facts being referred to, and certainly not on the advice of any particular staff member. (We had 5+ reports from members within a 1 hr period).

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 7, 2011, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post

I have been rolled probably harder than anyone over there and I think they offer value even if they pushed me away. You need a thick skin to roll there and not everyone is cut out for it.

As for this EK issue - I hope they do right by the customers in the end as that is what really matters. If they make good blocks other than the plating issue - then that is something that can be easily remedied. The customer service they provide in the process and if they find the fix the issues will be what defines them going forward.
Old June 7, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default simply the truth Karma bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
I have been rolled probably harder than anyone over there and I think they offer value even if they pushed me away. You need a thick skin to roll there and not everyone is cut out for it.

As for this EK issue - I hope they do right by the customers in the end as that is what really matters. If they make good blocks other than the plating issue - then that is something that can be easily remedied. The customer service they provide in the process and if they find the fix the issues will be what defines them going forward.
you remember Karma Richard don't you, Gene got his now its Eddy's turn

Eddy check your notes bud
Old June 7, 2011, 12:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
you remember Karma Richard don't you, Gene got his now its Eddy's turn

Eddy check your notes bud
never liked Boy George or that Karma Chameleon song either. strange karma in the Scratch winner of the coolermaster contest being heavily sponsored by Primochill - with a T4 reservoir in it. Should have your name in the credits are the originator of the concept for the res.

Glad this shows you guys will hold ANYONE accountable . . . .after all Red used to always post EK FTW back in teh day at XS. Shows he is a straight shooter . . .sometimes a little more direct than palatable but still brutally honest in how he sees it