Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
There must be something they changed recently in their plating process as it it never use to happen before.
Okay, so I'm not nuts in thinking that? Sweet.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 6, 2011, 12:42 PM
Top Prospect

You're not nuts, their plating is suspect and no other brands are having this problem. Neither did the older EK stuff..
Old June 6, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Daz, Does this mean if we use say, distilled and Dazmode protector, we will still be covered for the replacement block?
From what I read... RMA call is made just from picture of corroded block.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 6, 2011, 01:26 PM
Top Prospect

Daz, what if you never left your block under for massive corrosion to occur, just long enough for the platting to crack. Am SoL?
Old June 6, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataribot View Post
Daz, what if you never left your block under for massive corrosion to occur, just long enough for the platting to crack. Am SoL?
Sorry, what do you mean?
Old June 6, 2011, 01:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataribot View Post
If you have a visible defect of the nickel plating on your blocks, then take the pictures and request an RMA.

I'll be inspecting my blocks this weekend.
Old June 6, 2011, 02:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
EDIT. See the source. Thank you.

is this the source your talking about eddy also shipment is on users wallet not EK's mishap plating
Old June 6, 2011, 02:53 PM
Top Prospect

Old June 6, 2011, 03:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
From what I read... RMA call is made just from picture of corroded block.
Sorry Daz...what i meant is that Eddy says the following:

Quote:
The replacement form can be filled in until July 31st, and starting with August 1st EK will no longer replace products with such damage as the reason of the damage will be widely known and customers still using these additives will do it under their own risk. The replacement request can also be possible only for the purchases with invoices dated up to June 12th 2011.
In another post I linked to earlier in this thread, Eddy then says this:

Quote:
Right now we can recommend only the coolants that we have tested, EC6 and AT Fluoprotect, more tests will follow. The distilled water is an option if you change it regularly but cant guarantee it as distilled water has different qualities across the world....
So if I buy a nickel block and use a coolant or additive other than what EK approves of, can I get an RMA in say, September. I am talking about future product purchases.

My concern is that I buy an EK block with nickel now, and I use distilled and Dazmode Protector, and I experience flaking or something in September or October. I would fall outside of this RMA program.

I don't want to be tied to the small few products on an 'EK approved list' in order to have a warranty and quality ensured.

To be more direct, if I use plain Dazmode Protector or other coolant not on Eddy's list, do I run the risk or void my warranty?

edit: let me be clear that I think additives like Dazmode Protector are fine..its just that Eddy is saying there is nothing wrong with his plating, and blaming the coolant.
Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; June 6, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old June 6, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

If I read this right, EK says that Copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate (CuSO45H2O) based products (Pt-Nuke) will corrode their plating for sure, while anything else seems do not show the same symptoms. Protector is Feser Base in bigger bottle; a glycol based solution.

I have system that I run on pure water for 6 months (not even silver wire) and last two on mix of Feser green dye and Protector. I relly need that PC for work, but I will open it up and check what I have. My Supreme is from relatively fresh batch. If corrosion is present my decision process will be simplified dramatically.