Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:20 PM
mattlef's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,977

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yes we should all buy ONLY from sites you have anointed with your "intestinal fortitude". Biased much?

Daz has great CS and stands behind his products. IF I or anyone else get a bad part he makes it RIGHT. Thats why I respect him and trust to buy from him.
Exactly. Well said AKG

To our two trolls:
Take the American protectionist attitude and leave. No one here wanted your comments, and they are not welcome on a site that is considered to be one of the most welcome and civil online. Your negativity is not welcome here. We know EK has a quality control issue, but I have not been burned by their products, which i own a few... and as such until i so decide, I will continue to support our Canadian retail locations instead of spending money with you.
__________________
Co-Host of the Dam Good Show

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:22 PM
Trial Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanboy View Post
for me I know 4 WC resellers, I already dealed with Performance PC, Frozen and Daz, I know Sidewinder exist too but never deal with them, on XS where I get the scoop
Those are 3 of the WORST dealers I can think of!

Sidewinder and Jab-tech are bar none the best resellers out there. Nobody even comes close to their customer service or integrity!
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:43 PM
jtf2's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 167

My System Specs

Default

wow so hwc is no better than xs i see now.
i saw no foul language of any kind,no personal threats etc etc etc,but when people are replying in a thread started by lanboy,the ban hammer comes down.

so there were some strong statements from both sides -big freakin deal.
if akg,3.0 and mattlef were not long time mebers would the outcome here have been different?

people who drop the hammer freely i think do not want to let certain conversations play out i guess.

and for the record i am from saskatoon,and not an american.

in the end we will be laughing last eh!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:45 PM
Neolithium_Wpg's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lancaster Park, Alberta
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
if akg,3.0 and mattlef were not long time mebers would the outcome here have been different?
No. I recall at least one "long time member" who was banned for the exact same type of posting behavior. Newbies get the same slack as old timers.
__________________
Dell XPS8700 | Asus x101ch | iPhone 5 (iOS7)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:45 PM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,483

My System Specs

Default

All this thread has done is notify me of the poor quality of two to three posters on this site.

Good work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:50 PM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,483

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post

people who drop the hammer freely i think do not want to let certain conversations play out i guess.

Arguments between two to three people dont need 4 threads devoted to them to showcase their anger. If people kept civil tones thorughout the threads WITHOUT ALL CAPS AND BOLD AND NAME CALLING those threads would still be open.

Screaming your head off isnt having a discussion about poor quality, or your thoughts, its flaming and trolling. Lucky for us, the mods dont stand for it. Simple solution? Dont flame and troll
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:51 PM
mattlef's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,977

My System Specs

Default

I dont think I was being overly harsh with RR. The guy was calling out our entire community, and AKG and I stepped up to defend it. As well, when he called out DAZ who has done nothing but provide exceptional service to the Canadian community, we were more enraged. I wish some of the posts were still available to view as now I look like an jacka$$ but its all good. I'll stand by the people here and attempt to defend them and our opinions. I wont apologize to anyone who attempts to invade, insult and attempt to flog their business by attempting to publicly destroy others.
__________________
Co-Host of the Dam Good Show

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 07:54 PM
AkG's Avatar
AkG AkG is offline
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
wow so hwc is no better than xs i see now.
i saw no foul language of any kind,no personal threats etc etc etc,but when people are replying in a thread started by lanboy,the ban hammer comes down.

so there were some strong statements from both sides -big freakin deal.
if akg,3.0 and mattlef were not long time mebers would the outcome here have been different?

people who drop the hammer freely i think do not want to let certain conversations play out i guess.

and for the record i am from saskatoon,and not an american.

in the end we will be laughing last eh!
You should re-read the rules than mate before you inadvertently step over the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
No. I recall at least one "long time member" who was banned for the exact same type of posting behavior. Newbies get the same slack as old timers.
QFT'ed
__________________
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 08:08 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

i bought from sidewinder before,gary had provided very good service. how that translates into this post?
it doesnt,but i hate to see you folks fight over anything but a cold one :)

so,somebody gime the low down,whats the matter here?
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old June 4, 2011, 08:11 PM
mattlef's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,977

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i bought from sidewinder before,gary had provided very good service. how that translates into this post?
it doesnt,but i hate to see you folks fight over anything but a cold one :)

so,somebody gime the low down,whats the matter here?
Whoever RedRider was came in, insulting all of HWC and our reviewers for not following his 'service to the community' AKG and i reacted, words were exchanged, he crossed the line, was banned and posts deleted.
Nothing really to see here.

On to the topic.... we'll see in the coming days when EK releases their study what the cause is and what their plan of action will be.
__________________
Co-Host of the Dam Good Show

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new database development build rocketboy2000 New Builds 12 July 11, 2011 11:10 AM
Web development testing platform required Synth O/S's, Drivers & General Software 4 June 18, 2010 07:25 PM
Are there any jobs in game development now or in the next 4-5 years? andynerd Gaming 0 June 3, 2009 06:15 PM
Gaming/Development Pc ! ddrmanxbxfr New Builds 3 January 5, 2009 02:57 PM
Slow development of a new system gsp5322 New Builds 10 August 14, 2008 05:01 PM