Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

for the last time on this one little issue.
joel himself does not own a plating shop or do the plating work himself.he has sourced out a plater,who through trial and error has come up with arguably the best nickel and chrome plating service available.
i know what i speak of as i own 2 pieces of his work.

and fyi he did take a couple ek pieces to the plater he uses and he did get these pieces stripped,nickel plated then chromed-and they look great.
Old June 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
for the last time on this one little issue.
joel himself does not own a plating shop or do the plating work himself.he has sourced out a plater,who through trial and error has come up with arguably the best nickel and chrome plating service available.
i know what i speak of as i own 2 pieces of his work.

and fyi he did take a couple ek pieces to the plater he uses and he did get these pieces stripped,nickel plated then chromed-and they look great.
note he uses same plater who does Jay Leno's car's

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRedRaider
After talking to some experts in the plating industry the minimum thickness for corrosion resistance, if nickel plating is used, would be 20 microns. This would be to assure 100% coverage of the item being plated.

Which is the reason why a plating hardness test could not be performed on the sample I sent in for testing and would have been included in the fees we paid. Minimum thickness for that particular test is 20 microns of plating, Eddy's ****ing block only had 12.7 microns. Thanks Eddy for boinking me out of a test

Last edited by KaptCrunch; July 1, 2011 at 06:45 AM.