Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2011, 06:41 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Let's just say that the Sidewinder "press" release is misleading, since I understood the same.

Quote:
Today, it came to our attention that during an examination of a
new Nickel Plated EK FC 460 GTX Waterblock, the nickel plating surface of this block was
clearly shown to be insufficient and incomplete.
Nowhere does it state that the inspection was performed by a third party. As for your physicist, PHd whatever, rahrahrah. I couldn't care less. You guys should keep that vendetta against EK at that red kid website.
Old June 4, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Ok, I personally am NOT a fond lover of RRTech and I rather shop anywhere but sidewinder. BUT by the same token I wouldnt go as far as saying that they are an "unreliable source". Did they go through their entire stock to find that one...probably. Does it mean that it was tampered with NO. Infering it was...is a tad fanboi'ish. Come out and say "I wouldn't trust RRTech if he said the sky was blue without checking myself." that I can respect.

IMHO this much ado about nothing and its getting OLD now. What. Do. You. Expect. For. This. Price. Range? If you expect perfection you are dreaming. Dont trust any part, from any mfg'er to be made to precision, exacting tolerance UNLESS its a custom job. Inspect it before you use it. EK, Koolance, Swiftech....etc etc. They all have good runs and bad runs. Looks like EK cut one to many corners on their plate job (or the platter did). Nothing more nothing less. Saying the equivalent of "oh my god teh skyz is falling" is being naive. Dont buy EK again if you are unhappy with them. But can we please stop making three bajillion new threads over the same issue? Post in one of the OTHER threads that already exist.

K thx bye.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 4, 2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

what tierce person is not in the english dictionary ? , my bad, it's means another one,
Old June 4, 2011, 06:43 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Tierce personne = third party lanboy.
Old June 4, 2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

All I can say is that all my EK blocks are in fine condition, the plating is perfect, some after more than a year of operation, other 9 months, I will just like to found it in another way that what happen.
Old June 4, 2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
. One is more than enough. .....
agree 110% here with you, but we don't have another one open, and I made a mistake to open this one, I have no f...Idea this information was coming from another source that sidewinder . for me I know 4 WC resellers, I already dealed with Performance PC, Frozen and Daz, I know Sidewinder exist too but never deal with them, on XS where I get the scoop, no mention it was RRtech who purchase the block. I was dam sure it was sidewinder who open it. So for me it was an important discovery.
Old June 4, 2011, 07:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I honestly do think there is some meat to the issue BUT we dont need a new thread everyday on the same damn issue. One is more than enough.
We did have only one thread initially but each of them has subsequently been modded and locked. The only reason stuff is degenerating is the lazy nature of EK's handling of this whole situation, well and some other unmentionables..
Old June 4, 2011, 07:10 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Take a breath guys :)
Old June 4, 2011, 07:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well said joel.
a comment was posted earlier about there being "so many threads',well if perhaps the mods did not shut a thread down every time it is asked?,just like lanboy asked this thread to be closed,

there would not be threads all over the place.
i am a proud member of RRTECH and would never apologize to anyone for it.is it for everone,of course not,but unless you have been a member there for anything longer than a cursory look,you really have no clue what we are about over there.

and that is not the koolaid speaking, but a man who has been on this earth 48 plus years,been watercooling the last 12,and is happy to have a place to go to that is all killer and no filler.

im done for the night work to do
Old June 4, 2011, 07:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
LMFAO

I see that Dazmode is still selling the FLAWED EK Nickel Plated Blocks. Great Vendor you have supporting this site.
Yes we should all buy ONLY from sites you have anointed with your "intestinal fortitude". Biased much?

Daz has great CS and stands behind his products. IF I or anyone else get a bad part he makes it RIGHT. Thats why I respect him and trust to buy from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
well said joel.
a comment was posted earlier about there being "so many threads',well if perhaps the mods did not shut a thread down every time it is asked?,just like lanboy asked this thread to be closed,

there would not be threads all over the place.
i am a proud member of RRTECH and would never apologize to anyone for it.is it for everone,of course not,but unless you have been a member there for anything longer than a cursory look,you really have no clue what we are about over there.

and that is not the koolaid speaking, but a man who has been on this earth 48 plus years,been watercooling the last 12,and is happy to have a place to go to that is all killer and no filler.

im done for the night work to do
Im sure you have a great forum. BUT it aint HWC. Dont try to make it into your site. We (Ok...especially me) dont go there and start shit...why not do the same and show "us" the same courtesy here? Pretty simple. I wont troll on your site, you dont troll on "ours".

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr