Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default $ 1500 of Hardware good for Garbage

You thing you are safe with the thermal protection of Intel CPU read this:

My son was playing with is computer when he rush to me and say, Daddy my pc stop and I ear water

Water everywhere on the case, after inspection I discover one hose pop out the fitting (second pic)

I already suspect something clog and the pressure build, ;

Look at this gum sh$t in the cpu block, where it come from, all the block after inspection are clean, tomorrow I gone saw this Fezer rad in half to see what happen inside , this rad was wash more than a year ago so next suspect Fezer One coolant and Fezer hose, where this gum come from ? it's 10 years I build WC PC' I never have a leak, and this sh$t happen now,

The computer shut down only when the CPU burn, the water in the loop was Dam hot, so if you espect your PC will shut down before the CPU burn, na da I test all the componant on another PC nothing survive

who I'm blaming : This king of CPU design, EK' Koolance or watherver , they put to much small fins in the block, and it's prone to gum accumulation yes we gain some degree C' but at what risk, Next build I will have only the GPU WC beleive it.

Old June 4, 2011, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Never cleaned the loop?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 4, 2011, 04:37 PM
Banned
F@H

ouch,sorry to hear that bra.

dry it up and see if you can salvage something.

i like the no issue fanless cooling units that i build from time to time.
Old June 4, 2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Never cleaned the loop?
I clean it 9 moth ago when I add the GPU, everything was clean , it was runing since 6 months at that time, something happen, this GPU block, altrue without trace of nickel problem, may have cause a reaction with the copper or brass in the rad ot CPU block ( copper only) I don't know...
Old June 4, 2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
ouch,sorry to hear that bra.

dry it up and see if you can salvage something.

i like the no issue fanless cooling units that i build from time to time.
I alread dry everything, I put the CPU ( was not wet) on another board , nada it's dead

look I even put another motherboard to test the GPU

what piss me off more, is at least if I have save the cpu ( i5-750) I can have place it on that board ( only a i3-530 on it for now )

Old June 4, 2011, 05:59 PM
Banned

after a chat with my son, the Monitor shut down ( GPU die) and he ear a water noise and the PC crash , I even have a koolance flow sensor on it, but guess what it was at the output of the pump, I wonder if I have put it just after the cpu instead, ( where the presure drop ) if it will have shut down in time.

next time I install this kind of filter.

Old June 4, 2011, 06:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Is the system overclocked, you could have turned off that setting when you were overclocking in the bios
Old June 4, 2011, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Is the system overclocked, you could have turned off that setting when you were overclocking in the bios

not at all, it was runing on stock, well I know why all this WC for runing at stock, at the time when it was my PC, I OC it, but I reset the BIOS when I reformat the PC to give it to my son,

but hey.... this will give me the opportunity to upgrade with the permission of the wife, her poor son have no PC anymore

I will give him my MSI GD80 with a 2600k and ...well I still search for the GPU, now it change everything probably a 580 with a block since the rad and the pump are already install. But this time no block on the CPU or Board
Old June 4, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Oh, this is bad.

Increased pressure would help, but are you sure that clamp was not set properly by accident or hose got physically pulled by accident? I don't think pump is strong enough to generate that much pressure on its own.

Stuff in the loop looks like some sort of dirt, Feser "gunk" I have seen on XS forum was more like goo or thick paint. Your stuff just looks like what I have couple times too. I was thinking I had pieces paper towel inside somehow... from wiping fittings for example.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 4, 2011, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

now you know to use gear clamps and elixir mix

i see clamps are too wide for the hose barb...improper application
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; June 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM.