Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2011, 11:02 PM
Top Prospect

What color coolant did you use? That looks like die soaked plasticizer. You have no where near enough build up in your block to stop your pump. Maybe your pump died? If you are going to use an anticorrosive you really should flush and clean every 2-4 months. I think kapt has a good point about those clamps
Old June 5, 2011, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
.....Increased pressure would help, but are you sure that clamp was not set properly by accident or hose got physically pulled by accident? ..

We have a winner here, I recheck the thing last night, and when I install the Koolance filter 2 days ago, I pull accidently the hose (the filter is between this fitting and the pump)
No as for the Coolant, I change it every 3 month, I said I clean the loop, 9 month ago, thatís means that I clean all the component s of the loop. At that time I have no gum at all.
As for the clip,, I use them since quite a long time, I have no leak at all. Actually if this fitting have a clip on it , it will never happen, I will notice the reduction of flow and I will have clean the block, the flow was monitor in Asus Probe via the Koolance flow meter.
So itís not a clips or coolant problem itís a human error.

What piss me off , it's that install this filter for nothing, I found no flake or Nickel damage in the block after post mortem inspection of the build
Old June 5, 2011, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

if it ain't broke don't fix it for the simple things works best like H02
Old June 5, 2011, 04:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default thanks for the experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanboy View Post
We have a winner here, I recheck the thing last night, and when I install the Koolance filter 2 days ago, I pull accidently the hose (the filter is between this fitting and the pump)
No as for the Coolant, I change it every 3 month, I said I clean the loop, 9 month ago, thatís means that I clean all the component s of the loop. At that time I have no gum at all.
As for the clip,, I use them since quite a long time, I have no leak at all. Actually if this fitting have a clip on it , it will never happen, I will notice the reduction of flow and I will have clean the block, the flow was monitor in Asus Probe via the Koolance flow meter.
So itís not a clips or coolant problem itís a human error.

What piss me off , it's that install this filter for nothing, I found no flake or Nickel damage in the block after post mortem inspection of the build
hows the feser fluid doing .....fail for your $1500 up in smoke
Old June 5, 2011, 05:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
if it ain't broke don't fix it for the simple things works best like H02
you means H2O ?

ok for the barb, I agree the type of clip will not work with the fitting show as B but I use the one show as A

Old June 5, 2011, 06:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Hooah, that's a disaster.
Old June 5, 2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyzac View Post
Hooah, that's a disaster.
not really , a Dam good reason the upgrade... the wife count the PCs I have last week and said it's enough , all true I will prefer it's my athlon x2 that fry, she will have not notice than I exchange the part inside the case
Old June 5, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

Compression fittings is good idea too.
HTPC Build: Final Video