Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2011, 01:46 PM
Top Prospect

I found this interesting guys... directly from a Nickel plating company in Italy.

Read pages 4 - 6
http://www.omal.it/admin/moduli/m003...imica_ingl.pdf

COMPATIBILITY WITH CHEMICAL NICKEL PLATING.

There is a line that reads:
Copper chloride
Copper nitrate
Copper sulfate

All rated C which means:
C – Not particularly compatible with chemical nickel plating due to nickel corrosion and consequent lack of protection

Any guess what this means for PtNuke etc. being run through your loop?
Old May 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

Just a problem with your idea codeman , you put 1 or 2 drop of PT Nuke in a liter , that's make 1,4 ppm and the PDF you show need a concentration over 2 % , ( that's 20,000 ppm ) so the concentration of copper is 20,000 less than that in the loop, you will have to put only PT Nuke pure to reach 4% in a loop , that will not destroy a block in a month

I know because at a time I make my own PT Nuke, I still have over 1 kg of pure copper sulphate here.

and why other block are not affected

Last edited by Lanboy; May 30, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:24 PM
Top Prospect

Cool, I didn't take the time to calculate that - I just thought that it was an interesting find. hence "Any guess what this means for PtNuke etc. being run through your loop?" which wasn't a statement... :)

I also don't know whether that measurement is for still 'water' or if that takes into account the pressure inside a block with specific flow rates. Anyhow... it specifically states the two compounds don't get a long which is interesting.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Holy crap, a lot of people are getting their panties in a knot about this. Relax folks, give it a day or two until the translated results from EK's nickel inspection are available. It's not like you're going to turn your computer off until you see that report.

I suspect we'll see that there were some contamination issues. Perhaps EK changed plants where they have it done. Whatever the issue is, I'm pretty sure that EK will want to make things right to avoid making this a bigger PR issue than it is already.
As for myself, I'll just be moving my regular planned fluid change up by a month so I can check my blocks.
Old May 30, 2011, 03:01 PM
Top Prospect

Shhhh, SugarJ - it's moving the water cooling forums and getting you more traffic :P You can't complain too much!
Old May 30, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Shhhh, SugarJ - it's moving the water cooling forums and getting you more traffic :P You can't complain too much!
Sure he can, when the quality of the traffic is ass. We prefer quality to quantity any day.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 30, 2011, 03:39 PM
Top Prospect

lol I think you'll find on any forum the quality of traffic is "90% ass" as you put it.
Old May 30, 2011, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Sure he can, when the quality of the traffic is ass. We prefer quality to quantity any day.

what ass traffic we have an intelligent conversation here.
Old May 30, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
lol I think you'll find on any forum the quality of traffic is "90% ass" as you put it.
Sugar, and the rest of the mods, are shooting for a bit better then that number. You're welcome to join other forums if the quality of ass is better, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanboy View Post
what ass traffic we have an intelligent conversation here.
I suggest you slow down and reread my post. Maybe twice. It might make sense to you eventually.

(Heres a hint, not every one is out to get you)
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 30, 2011, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
(Heres a hint, not every one is out to get you)
No half of them are runing after Edvard König

For come back to the subject, was supose to take a day or 2 for the translation, but some are talking about a week now.
Closed Thread