Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2008, 10:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default What tube is this?

Just wondering if anyone recognizes this tubing (the one on the right). It was bought at BigFoot Computers about a year or so ago and since they are gone I can't ask them. It's pictured beside some clearflex 1/2" x 3/4" I just got as I thought what I had was clearflex but obviously not.

It has almost a slightly violet colour to it and has a texture like silicone. It is much more flexible than the clearflex. I know it's not Tygon as I chose this stuff because it was about half the price.

Any ideas??
Old January 31, 2008, 10:49 PM
Allstar

It might be Primochill tubing: PrimoChill.com | 888.333.4942 | keeping it COOL - Tubing :: 1/2in. ID x 3/4in. OD
Old January 31, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

You're sure it's not Clearflex? I've got a loop of that stuff here, and it's looks pretty similar. If not, I'm going guess that it's Masterkleer, which also looks similar (although I'm not seeing any violet overtones in my own roll.
Old February 1, 2008, 10:01 AM
Rookie

it's definitely some sort of round clear flexible stuff. could be vinyl. one thing's for sure, though, it is NOT a 12AX7.
Nothing's out there. All there is is sea, and birds, and fish. And 20,000 tonnes of crude oil. And a fire. And the part of the ship that the front fell off. But there's nothing else out there - it's a complete void. The environment's perfectly safe.
Old February 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I'm sure it's not clearflex unless of course they have changed their tubing in the last while. Here's another pic trying to show the violet colour of it. The top is the clearflex I just got and the bottom is the mystery tubing. I also forgot to note that it's not perfectly clear but a little foggy. It's more of a colour difference than what shows in the pic, my camera prowess leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm working on a new build and for one little bit I need the extra gumminess of this tubing as I need to do a little offset in a short distance that the clearflex doesn't really seem to like. I'm sure I won't have enough of this tube to finish the system and I'm not keen on mixing types of tubes more for cosmetics... yes shallow I know. I might try to take a heat gun to the clearflex to train it to take the proper bend a little better.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water