Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 07:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Newbie to watercooling

So last year I built myself what I believe to be a pretty sweet system. Just started to get into overclocking so I went out and got a Asus Crosshair formula 4 board matched it up with a 955BE some Corsair Dominator 4g kit at 1600, and a GTX460. My case is a Thermaltake Spedo that I got used and I went out and got a Thermaltake SpinVT cooler. All in all pretty sweet enough you would think, but in the back of my mind I wanted to try water cooling, and with an addition of a cat with long hair that get everywhere, I decided to switch my case out to a lian-li PC-9f looks more elegant then the crazy transformer spedo.(it is now in the living room) Also I could tuck a rx240 rad behind the front fans by removing the hard drive cages, I have a ssd and plan this summer to try my luck with a Revodrive x2. (so no need for the cages anyway)

Well okay now that you got most of my background my true question, how well does a two core rad with a push pull perform in your cases will it cool a cpu and a gpu well enough and could i get away with cpu and two gpu on this small rad or would i be better off with just cooling my cpu and let the gpu be air cooled.

I would like to try my hardest to get a 4.0g or more out of my cpu.

What do you guys think.
Old May 8, 2011, 11:38 AM

My System Specs

It depends on the fans. With low speed fans you may have rather high water temperatures, meaning higher CPU & GPU temps. Honestly your best bet would be to just water cool the CPU. It has the most benefit from being water cooled anyways.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

sweet thanks thats what I was thinking, plus saves on money