Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   watercooling help (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/42802-watercooling-help.html)

shaznuts April 24, 2011 08:05 PM

watercooling help

hey guys, looking to build a high-end computer in the next 8 months or so. price is no object.
right, i just want to know the best watercooling parts for a full setup with cpu and two gpu blocks, cpu is 1155, and the gpus are two ASUS HD6970's.

ive heard that the swiftech XT is a good cpu block, but i see the EK supreme HF is the same price? anyone have any past experiences in which is better.

for the gpu blocks im looking at the EK -FC6970 acetal nickel, although theres an EK-FC6970 plexi; anyone know the difference?

its going in the 800D case so a 360 rad will fit wont it?
if so looking at the XSPC RX360 Radiator, any other suggestions?

im a watercooling n00b so please treat as if im retarded haha but ill catch on quickly :clap:

also what fans? with the rad; and the corsair fans in the 800D that come with it apparently dont actually move that much air to cool the case so could someone please give me ome ideas on which fans to use for that?

in advance thanks very much :)
if you need any other info please feel free to ask!

Prolab April 24, 2011 11:40 PM

Are you looking for OC headroom, a quiet system or both?

With 2 GPUs and a CPU, you need more than a 360 rad. You can use a 360 rad, but there wont be a big difference compared to running on air. And if you want to use a 360 and a 240 rad, or a (2) 360 rads - it wont fit on the 800D without any modifications.

As for money is no object - really mean that. Cause it $$$$.

As for EK Supreme HF, theyre great CPU block. Not sure if they require to switch mounting brackets for the 1155. If they do, they are A PAIN to switch, just to let you know.

As for fans, im using 3 xigmatek fans on push on my swiffy rad and it gives me a good load temp. But some people have used Gelids, Gentle Typhoon for fans.

Stock fans on the 800D are crap. Ive used 3 xigmatek fans as intake and it moves a lot of air and keeps my case cool. No personal experience with Noctua's, but ive heard they are great as well.

BMAN69 April 25, 2011 12:16 AM

Here's a good place to start for "everything you wanted to know about watercooling, but..." YouTube - Complete Watercooling Guide P1 - How MUCH does it cost?

If budget is really not a concern; then why not check out Mountain Mods - I'm sure they would have a case to suit your cooling/ radiator needs MountainMods.com ; or if you want to buy from a Canadian e-tailer, I recently saw that dazmode carries a couple of cases from XSPC (though they're not cheap by any means) COMPUTER CASES : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

shaznuts April 25, 2011 12:24 AM

yeah OC headroom, i turn the system off at night or sleep at least so noise doesnt matter as during the day i have my music going.

well what about running just the cpu on a 360 and getting some big CFM fans to push air to cool everything else the fan in my room also does cool it down so it shouldnt run that hot seeing as im still pondering whether or not to get a second card as future AMD cards will be out by the time im ready to do this.

and yes im looking to spend the dosh :) ive got most of the parts for the computer just really need upgrades and the watercooling accesories.

thanks for the link BMAN69 :)

oksir April 25, 2011 12:40 AM

hey, i almost have the same setup, 800d, 2500k, 6990+6970. im using koolance blocks, cpu 370, ar697 and 699, rx360 and a ek 120 single rad. i disagree wth the above post as to how there wont be big differences compared to air cooling :/
the single rad will fit on either the back (inside) or the bottom, but u need an 140 to 120 fan adaptor if you want it at the bottom

the triple rad will fit on top, and you can also get 6 fans for a push-pull configuration if you want more performace.

also, you have to find out if the asus cards are reference designs, because the EK blocks you said only fit reference design ones.

www.coolingconfigurator.com