Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2011, 06:09 AM
Top Prospect

Default New res/pump setup.. any advice ?

Hello,

I might get those two things ..

http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=473
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=382

My question is, are the setup in the picture possible ?

I believe the res could be used before the bays.. but i am a bit worried about how the hell i will mount it there since the hole here are used for cabling.

Should i stick with a bay single res then ?

Thanks.
Attached Images

Old April 16, 2011, 01:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Why not leave things as they are (for now); until you get the replacement kit from XSPC, there probably won't be any problem(s) with the replacement...but I know how you feel, you've just got things together (sort of), and now you've been bitten by the NASTY liquid cooling bug

Homer J. Simpson
Old April 16, 2011, 07:34 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN69 View Post
Why not leave things as they are (for now); until you get the replacement kit from XSPC, there probably won't be any problem(s) with the replacement...but I know how you feel, you've just got things together (sort of), and now you've been bitten by the NASTY liquid cooling bug
My computer are waiting to be build for like 1 month now. lol and its just because of the watercooling part. Yes. I could wait for the replacement but first, i don't even know if they sent it. Second, it may do the same sound (why? because its probably just how the pump is.. the guy told me it is designed for 42 db and this is rather loud) Third, a pump in a bay cause vibration.. and i think that the main problem.
Old April 16, 2011, 08:52 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Personally, id get the res/pump from daz because its much more compact and less tubing to deal with. Im planning to do the same thing (combined my res/pump) when i do my 6 month flushing/cleaning.

As for the sound, how about grabbing a bunch of foam and lay the pump on top of it? My pump is on top of the padding that comes with the 655, but truthfully - i dont even hear my pump (even if its on 5 setting) over my fans.
-Swiffy MCP35x X2, (2) Aphacool UT60 480 rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.6 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ult 64-bit

HTPC Rig:
-G3258 @ Stock, Asrock Z97 Pro 4, Gigabyte 270x, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Corsair HX620 PS, Win 7 Ult 64-bit
Old April 16, 2011, 08:55 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post
Personally, id get the res/pump from daz because its much more compact and less tubing to deal with. Im planning to do the same thing (combined my res/pump) when i do my 6 month flushing/cleaning.

As for the sound, how about grabbing a bunch of foam and lay the pump on top of it? My pump is on top of the padding that comes with the 655, but truthfully - i dont even hear my pump (even if its on 5 setting) over my fans.
Yeah but you have a 655 from swiftech. I have a XSPC res/pump which seem to have some rattling problem and i cant put foam on it cause its a bay res. Anyway, i am planning to get an EK pump with a tubing res.. and while were there i will upgrade for compression fitting since this is really a nightmare to upgrade lol.

I will order also the silencer kit for the EK pump.. after this everything should be alright and quiet inside the case. (well i hope so)
Old April 16, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

don't rush things ....... lol

what are your plans with water cooling ? will add GPU later , sound issues, Oc'n

to save can $, use a 4 way-cross as fil/drain inlet for pump, for how you got your rad mounted acts as a rez
Attached Images

Old April 16, 2011, 09:55 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
don't rush things ....... lol

what are your plans with water cooling ? will add GPU later , sound issues, Oc'n

to save can $, use a 4 way-cross as fil/drain inlet for pump, for how you got your rad mounted acts as a rez
Its mainly sound issue. I may add a gpu block later.. who know ? That the reason ive choosen a triple rad. Also, i probably won't buy any all-new hardware in the next 5 years. I will only upgrade stuffs.

I already have everything configured right now. The res is for the look offcourse. Well i am not really rushing things up. I spend almost 2 weeks in research and stuffs.. now i get an xspc pump that do way too much rattle. Its annoying i won't be able to work with this in the back. I don't care if the pump do some noise since its normal but a rattling noise is annoying.

Here the upgraded layout! Also i won't need the advanced version of the res but the regular basic one.
Attached Images

Old April 16, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Yeah but you have a 655 from swiftech. I have a XSPC res/pump which seem to have some rattling problem and i cant put foam on it cause its a bay res. Anyway, i am planning to get an EK pump with a tubing res.. and while were there i will upgrade for compression fitting since this is really a nightmare to upgrade lol.

I will order also the silencer kit for the EK pump.. after this everything should be alright and quiet inside the case. (well i hope so)
witch model 200 or 750 ?, you make me laugh with silent kits, for pumps shouldn't vibrate at all period, factory seconds/ poor designs
Old April 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Top Prospect

Its a RASA 750 kit.
Old April 16, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

IMHO for sound best use a D5 Vario pump with top
Model: EK-DCP 4.0
Rated voltage: DC12V +/-10%
Starting voltage: DC 8V above
Power Consumption: 18W +/-10%
Load current: 1.8A +/-10%
Q-max: 800 L/hr +/-10%
H-max.: 4m +/-10%
Size: 75 x 54 x 66mm
Life Expectancy: 50000/hrs at 25
Noise: 24.5 dB

Model: D5
Rated voltage: DC12V +/-10%
Starting voltage: DC 8V max25vdc
Power Consumption: 3-17.5W +/-10%
Load current: 1.8A +/-10%
Q-max: 1703L/hr +/-10%
H-max.: 5.8 m+/-10%
Size: 89 x 111 x 88mm
Life Expectancy: 50000/hrs at 25
Noise: 40 dB @ 24v #5 Vario

Last edited by KaptCrunch; April 17, 2011 at 04:57 AM.