Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2011, 05:19 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Water block upgrade from XSPC RASA kit

So I have my CPU being cooled with a XSPC RASA 750 kit stock water block( the black acetal one I think). I'm looking to do an upgrade on it as I know it is not the most efficient water block out there. I'm looking at the EK supreme HF blocks. On Dazmode's store site, there are 3 versions: acetal rev 2, acetal-nickel rev 2, the plexi rev 2. What is the difference between these? I assume the acetal nickel is the best out of the three. I want to get the plexi one if there is no considerable compromise due to its plexi structure.
Old April 9, 2011, 06:29 PM

My System Specs

The Rasa is a fantastic CPU block. Spending $80+ on a new waterblock is going to gain you maybe 1C improvement. If you want to upgrade you should be looking at a new pump, not a new block.
Old April 9, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
The Rasa is a fantastic CPU block. Spending $80+ on a new waterblock is going to gain you maybe 1C improvement. If you want to upgrade you should be looking at a new pump, not a new block.
I 100% agree. The pump that comes with the kit is great for a starter, but the block is very strong.
I'd only maybe upgrade to a HK block... and even then, I dont know if i'd get any decent gains from it.

If you're looking for aesthetics, the plexi blocks are much nicer, however if your end goal is performance, this block is on par with some of the better ones out there.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old April 9, 2011, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Here some food for thought: review
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old April 10, 2011, 07:58 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Oh that's a nice round up review. Thanks for that Dazmode.

As for a better pump, this would mean that I would have to get a separate reservoir as well?
Old April 10, 2011, 08:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Not necessarily. You can grab another bay reservoir/ pump res combo (the XSPC one for example) or a pump w/ a reservoir top. Tons of options out there. Depends what fits your needs!