Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29, 2011, 08:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Id strongly suggest building a custom loop for the gpus. Everything ive seen for sealed systems perform no better than air cooling counterparts.

MCP355
2 x EK full coverage blocks (3 if your going tri sli)
Feser 140mm radiator
3/8" Fittings and tubing and your rocking.
Old March 29, 2011, 09:42 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylSp View Post
Old EK blocks with the nylon standoffs suck to install, but I believe new ones have the koolance style metal standoffs. EK, Koolance, Swiftech etc should all be within a degree or two at the most in terms of cooling, it's really a matter of pick what you like based on looks / install difficulty / price.
When did this start happening? I don't use EK blocks because of the crappy standoffs.
Old March 29, 2011, 10:07 AM
Top Prospect

naw new ones don't have metal stand offs, still the plastic ones, got my ek 580 block beginning of feb and it still got plastic standoffs.
Old March 29, 2011, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you want to know if the card(s) you have are compatible, I found a "cooling configurator" on EK's website CoolingConfigurator.com plus the webpage for their universal VGA waterblocks Universal VGA Blocks and their full-cover VGA blocks 5X0 GTX Series - Full Cover For Nvidia GeForce - VGA Blocks - Blocksall prices are in USD (sorry no CAD available on their website)
This way, you can make the comparison yourself

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 29, 2011, 03:06 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
When did this start happening? I don't use EK blocks because of the crappy standoffs.
I think Eddy on the XS forums said they were going to include metal standoffs. I don't know if they actually are yet, I don't run with any EK gear so I haven't really kept on top of it.
Old April 7, 2011, 01:55 PM
Rookie

Loose stand along plastic spacers are cheaper for the block production than the build-in type.

Fullcover block is easier with the tubing when you do multiple GPU setup instead of GPU only block, due to short radius bend of the tubing, also you do need good VRM heatsink to go with it.

You can check out GPU Block Roundup Review here
Old April 8, 2011, 09:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The only Problem I see, is your alienware has no proper place to do a True Tri-SLI WC setup.

I don't there there is one place to make it work right in that case, unless they've changed something from the last ones i"ve seen.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 8, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The only Problem I see, is your alienware has no proper place to do a True Tri-SLI WC setup.

I don't there there is one place to make it work right in that case, unless they've changed something from the last ones i"ve seen.

ST
Others have apparently done it. I'm waiting for my friend Killswitch to take a look for me. I don't really need Tri SLI. Thank you very much for the input.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 8, 2011, 04:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Others have apparently done it. I'm waiting for my friend Killswitch to take a look for me. I don't really need Tri SLI. Thank you very much for the input.
Fair enough, its been a while since I've been inside of a Dell of that Nature.
Not quite sure how one would do a WC setup like that, maybe external Rad Box.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 9, 2011, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just installed a XSPC 580 block.... and I had to void the warranty to get it installed properly.
It leaked like a bitch and had to open it to check the O ring (which was not on properly.) However, its seems to be doing a very good job.
I'm running an i5 750 and 570 with a Thermochil 120.3 and XSPC RS240, and temps are amazing on idle CPU-23c GPU 29C

So a the price you can find them at (~69) its ugly, but does a decent job for the price.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter