Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Best water cooler for 580s? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/42057-best-water-cooler-580s.html)

Fudd Rucker March 29, 2011 08:56 AM

Id strongly suggest building a custom loop for the gpus. Everything ive seen for sealed systems perform no better than air cooling counterparts.

MCP355
2 x EK full coverage blocks (3 if your going tri sli)
Feser 140mm radiator
3/8" Fittings and tubing and your rocking.

lowfat March 29, 2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylSp (Post 500646)
Old EK blocks with the nylon standoffs suck to install, but I believe new ones have the koolance style metal standoffs. EK, Koolance, Swiftech etc should all be within a degree or two at the most in terms of cooling, it's really a matter of pick what you like based on looks / install difficulty / price.

When did this start happening? I don't use EK blocks because of the crappy standoffs.

Mekaw March 29, 2011 10:07 AM

naw new ones don't have metal stand offs, still the plastic ones, got my ek 580 block beginning of feb and it still got plastic standoffs.

BMAN69 March 29, 2011 10:14 AM

If you want to know if the card(s) you have are compatible, I found a "cooling configurator" on EK's website CoolingConfigurator.com plus the webpage for their universal VGA waterblocks Universal VGA Blocks and their full-cover VGA blocks 5X0 GTX Series - Full Cover For Nvidia GeForce - VGA Blocks - Blocksall prices are in USD (sorry no CAD available on their website)
This way, you can make the comparison yourself

KylSp March 29, 2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 500683)
When did this start happening? I don't use EK blocks because of the crappy standoffs.

I think Eddy on the XS forums said they were going to include metal standoffs. I don't know if they actually are yet, I don't run with any EK gear so I haven't really kept on top of it.

Deton April 7, 2011 01:55 PM

Loose stand along plastic spacers are cheaper for the block production than the build-in type.

Fullcover block is easier with the tubing when you do multiple GPU setup instead of GPU only block, due to short radius bend of the tubing, also you do need good VRM heatsink to go with it.

You can check out GPU Block Roundup Review here

Soultribunal April 8, 2011 09:46 AM

The only Problem I see, is your alienware has no proper place to do a True Tri-SLI WC setup.

I don't there there is one place to make it work right in that case, unless they've changed something from the last ones i"ve seen.

ST

Slik April 8, 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 504200)
The only Problem I see, is your alienware has no proper place to do a True Tri-SLI WC setup.

I don't there there is one place to make it work right in that case, unless they've changed something from the last ones i"ve seen.

ST

Others have apparently done it. I'm waiting for my friend Killswitch to take a look for me. I don't really need Tri SLI. Thank you very much for the input.

Soultribunal April 8, 2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 504228)
Others have apparently done it. I'm waiting for my friend Killswitch to take a look for me. I don't really need Tri SLI. Thank you very much for the input.

Fair enough, its been a while since I've been inside of a Dell of that Nature.
Not quite sure how one would do a WC setup like that, maybe external Rad Box.

ST

mattlef April 9, 2011 04:00 PM

I just installed a XSPC 580 block.... and I had to void the warranty to get it installed properly.
It leaked like a bitch and had to open it to check the O ring (which was not on properly.) However, its seems to be doing a very good job.
I'm running an i5 750 and 570 with a Thermochil 120.3 and XSPC RS240, and temps are amazing on idle CPU-23c GPU 29C

So a the price you can find them at (~69) its ugly, but does a decent job for the price.