Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Getting into watercooling ? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/42005-getting-into-watercooling.html)

Rush March 26, 2011 06:15 PM

Getting into watercooling ?

Hello,

Would like to know what i need to buy for a simple water cooling ? Will i have to spend more than 150$-200$ ?

Thanks.

KaptCrunch March 26, 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush (Post 499933)
Hello,

Would like to know what i need to buy for a simple water cooling ? Will i have to spend more than 150$-200$ ?

Thanks.

simple meaning just the cpu

other is for what perpous? silent or 0C'n

Rush March 26, 2011 06:19 PM

Yeah just for the CPU. Would love it to be silent and i am about to OC. ACtually i would want a system that could go on ASUS P8P67 LGA1155.

lowfat March 26, 2011 06:56 PM

An XSPC Rasa kit like this would likely be a decent enough for just a 2500k/2600k.

Rasa 750 RS240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit Rasa 750 RS240 Complete CPU WaterCooling Kit [RASA750KIT] - $149.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

Rush March 26, 2011 07:18 PM

Yeah i saw this kit and it look awnsome. But i have a corsair 600t case would you think that fit with the asus P8P67 mobo ?

lowfat March 26, 2011 11:54 PM

Honestly I do not know much about about a 600T but it looks like a dual radiator will fit at the top of the case w/o real issues. And the Rasa block w/ fit LGA1155.

Mekaw March 27, 2011 12:37 AM

600T WILL fit 240 rad up top, just not the dual width like RX series rad. xspc RS rad and swiftech mcr stuff will fit. you'll have to place fans on the other side of the grill, hence the reason corsair added removable top piece to accommodate 2 120mm fans.

Rush March 27, 2011 06:58 AM

Thanks for this info ! The main problem is the mobo top headsink.. hope it wont touch it i will be using a P8P67. Also, it is hard to assemble ? I believe there is a way also to test the loop before inserting the whole thing ?

Thanks.

BMAN69 March 27, 2011 07:31 AM

I'm in the middle of putting together my first water cooling setup; using the Rasa 750 RX360 (not too different from the RS240-only bigger), there are a few places to go if you're just getting into water cooling + wanting to know more about the Rasa kit from XSPC.

1) Dazmode's Complete Watercooling Guide (part 1 - Part 8) YouTube - DazMode's Channel I watched his video guide over and over, so that I wouldn't be completely blind going into this experience

2) Dasmode's YouTube Channel (EK H30 vs XSPC Rasa 750) YouTube - DazMode's Channel

3) pureoverclock.com review of the XSPC Rasa750 RS240 XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Water Cooling Kit

Although some have stated in the past that they have done a leak test before installing the setup in their computer; then you'll have to dismantle the setup to install it anyway, and this will defeat the purpose of doing the test outside (as there will be a chance of missing a connection during the 2nd install - leading to a leak).
I'm with the others (who will chime in soon); and say that it's best to install everything into your 600T, and perform the leak test then.
I found it very helpful also to read through the watercooling guide listed here Water Cooling Guide for Beginners Overclockers Tech (just skip past the parts about the equipment and go down to installing/ testing).
while you're on dazmode's YouTube Channel; take a look at some of his other vids, there's one for performing a leak test, among others.

Is it hard to assemble?
Not really; there's documentation showing how to install the CPU block (and a few other things), I didn't read through it, because I'm installing an AMD CPU, and it doesn't have any stuff regarding AMD in the install guide.
Just take your time installing everything; plus, you'll always have people here that will assist you whenever you need help :biggrin:

Rush March 27, 2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMAN69 (Post 500060)
I'm in the middle of putting together my first water cooling setup; using the Rasa 750 RX360 (not too different from the RS240-only bigger), there are a few places to go if you're just getting into water cooling + wanting to know more about the Rasa kit from XSPC.

1) Dazmode's Complete Watercooling Guide (part 1 - Part 8) YouTube - DazMode's Channel I watched his video guide over and over, so that I wouldn't be completely blind going into this experience

2) Dasmode's YouTube Channel (EK H30 vs XSPC Rasa 750) YouTube - DazMode's Channel

3) pureoverclock.com review of the XSPC Rasa750 RS240 XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Water Cooling Kit

Alright thanks! I get a look at these. I am not rushed actually i still waiting for the others pieces to come in. Already got my case and PSU.

I am using a 650W psu and wont go SLI or anything. Do you think this is enough with such watercooling system ?