Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 10:48 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
You wasn't able to pass the second watercooling tube in the hole ? but a watercooling tube isnt flexible ? its strange you had to pass by the pci cards holes. I mean, ive seen other setup with such vertical holes for water cooling tubing.. and i believe if they put the tubing holes there there much be a reason they must have tried it.

Anyway i am pretty sure i can't put the rad in the ceiling. Maybe in the top area with fans under ?

you could. but that requires using 90deg fitting on the outlet hole of the rad AND another 90 deg T right at the 2nd hole to get the tube back in. so, rad outlet> 90deg>hose>90deg> cpu

and yes hoses are flexible and but no hoses will be able to bend this much. furthest rad hole sits about inch lower than the top wc hole on case and sits about 4 inches to the side(towards io shield) and with swiftech rad box about 3 inches hanging back so that doesn't exactly give you enough room for tubes to bend without collapsing

Last edited by Mekaw; March 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 12:54 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekaw View Post
you could. but that requires using 90deg fitting on the outlet hole of the rad AND another 90 deg T right at the 2nd hole to get the tube back in. so, rad outlet> 90deg>hose>90deg> cpu

and yes hoses are flexible and but no hoses will be able to bend this much. furthest rad hole sits about inch lower than the top wc hole on case and sits about 4 inches to the side(towards io shield) and with swiftech rad box about 3 inches hanging back so that doesn't exactly give you enough room for tubes to bend without collapsing
Alright thanks you a lots ! and sorry BMAN69 for the cross-posting. Didn't meant to cause any trouble here.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default

that goes to say, 90 deg barbs are restrictive, so try to use as little as possible.

i think rougly 1 90deg fitting = 4 ft of tubing
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 01:12 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekaw View Post
that goes to say, 90 deg barbs are restrictive, so try to use as little as possible.

i think rougly 1 90deg fitting = 4 ft of tubing
What you mean by restrictive ? sorry i am a complete n00b in watercooling. But i really appreciate the time you take to help me.

I made a little picture.. is that what you mean ? Any i looked at the solutions overall and there seem no much solutions without having to touch at the case and removing something which i don't like much.

But well i think i got all the possibles answers and will check it out. Remove the metal part betweem two pci slot still the best option out there.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Rush; March 29, 2011 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 150

My System Specs

Default

Instead of using 90 deg adapters; you could use either 2 0f these 1/2ID - 3/4OD Rotary 45 Degrees Angled Compression Fitting TFC High Flow Fitting G1/4 - 1/2ID - 3/4OD [1245] - $11.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store 45 deg adapters, or one these Bitspower G 1/4" triple rotary adapter dual Female Dual IG1/4Triple Rotary Extender 45-180 Degree - Matte Black Dual IG1/4Triple Rotary Adapter Extender - Matte Black [BP-MBSR3] - $19.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store plus a small spacer at the rad end. It would make the flow less restrictive, than using 90 deg adapters.
__________________
" If I had a dollar for every time I heard "My God! He's covered in some sort of goo, " I'd be a rich man. "

Homer J. Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 02:31 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN69 View Post
Instead of using 90 deg adapters; you could use either 2 0f these 1/2ID - 3/4OD Rotary 45 Degrees Angled Compression Fitting TFC High Flow Fitting G1/4 - 1/2ID - 3/4OD [1245] - $11.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store 45 deg adapters, or one these Bitspower G 1/4" triple rotary adapter dual Female Dual IG1/4Triple Rotary Extender 45-180 Degree - Matte Black Dual IG1/4Triple Rotary Adapter Extender - Matte Black [BP-MBSR3] - $19.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store plus a small spacer at the rad end. It would make the flow less restrictive, than using 90 deg adapters.
problem with especially your second suggestion is that even with that, he'll need a tubing and another 90 deg adapter, gap from wc hole on case to furthest inlet/outlet on rad is quite the stretch, so taht single triple rotary won't actually extend far enough to connect rad inlet/outlet to case wc hole.

I'd just do pci e pass through. corsair made it so you can just snap off one of those with ease and still screw down stuff you need with pci e cards etc.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 02:57 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 106
Default

I think i will go with the PCIE suggestion and remove one metal plate between two slots and then place the two slot adapter for the tubing.

Thanks you a lots.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2011, 11:03 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 106
Default

I finally decided to buy the RASA 750 RS360. Big thanks for your help guys! Btw. I decided to mount a tripple rad like this pic (Mekaw) :



However i was wondering..

1- What is (in inch) the height of the case plus the rad ?

2- Ive ordered the piece to enable tubing at the pci level. However, it look like i will have to remove a little metal plate between two pci slot. It is what you did ? Did you cut it ?

3- Should i get the rad box like you did or use the bracket included in the kit ?

4- About the tubing holes position.. couldn't we just add distance between the rad and the case ? in my case i never go with the pc. There pretty good chance it won't move for a long time. Is a radbox or something similar giving more distance exist ?

P.S: I sent you a PM with the same questions but maybe would be best to answer there since maybe someone would like to have answer to thoses.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2011, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 150

My System Specs

Default

Answers to some questions:

1) height of the case + rad would depend on where you attach the rad-box/ radiator on back of case-could be nil (over and above height of case) up to and including 360mm (length of rad).
If space allows (on desk where PC will be placed), I've seen a few photos of rad extending 120mm ( the space of 1 120mm fan)

2) At the back of case; between radiator and PCI slot, one section of hose is connected on that side, then attach a 2nd section of hose to the inside of the case-no need for cutting holes at back of case.

3) Although rad-box is nice; rather than spend more than what is needed, why not just cut the guts out of an old 120mm fan, attech rad to gutted fan, then gutted fan to back of PC.

Included hardware that comes with Rasa kit is, primarily used to attach rad to existing 80mm fan holes.
__________________
" If I had a dollar for every time I heard "My God! He's covered in some sort of goo, " I'd be a rich man. "

Homer J. Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2011, 02:30 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN69 View Post
Answers to some questions:

1) height of the case + rad would depend on where you attach the rad-box/ radiator on back of case-could be nil (over and above height of case) up to and including 360mm (length of rad).
If space allows (on desk where PC will be placed), I've seen a few photos of rad extending 120mm ( the space of 1 120mm fan)

2) At the back of case; between radiator and PCI slot, one section of hose is connected on that side, then attach a 2nd section of hose to the inside of the case-no need for cutting holes at back of case.

3) Although rad-box is nice; rather than spend more than what is needed, why not just cut the guts out of an old 120mm fan, attech rad to gutted fan, then gutted fan to back of PC.

Included hardware that comes with Rasa kit is, primarily used to attach rad to existing 80mm fan holes.
Nice idea here. I could use an old fan. Actually i am about to replace the fans of the rad with thoses :
NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster R4-L2R-20AC 120MM Blue LED Case Fan 2000RPM 69CFM 19DBA 3/4 Pin - COOLERMASTER - R4-L2R-20AC-GP - in Canada
so i will use one of the fan from the RASA to accomplish this task.

Thanks for the tips!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Watercooling Project eXz Water Cooling 9 July 6, 2010 10:38 PM
Watercooling a 4850x2 Syl66 Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 6 April 19, 2009 04:31 PM
Is WaterCooling for me? arekieh Water Cooling 10 October 20, 2008 06:50 PM
Watercooling Help EDMCR Water Cooling 24 August 3, 2008 08:24 AM
WaterKegIII Extreme external Watercooling unit, Watercooling stuff Apollo4g Buy/Sell & Trade 9 June 9, 2008 10:49 PM