Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2011, 09:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

According to the pump specs; it uses just above 10 watts of power, as long as you're using a good quality, brand-name PSU, I think you'll be alright

Anybody else want to pipe in?

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 27, 2011, 09:08 AM
Top Prospect

ANTEC TruePower 650W should be fine then.
Old March 27, 2011, 09:20 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Thanks for this info ! The main problem is the mobo top headsink.. hope it wont touch it i will be using a P8P67. Also, it is hard to assemble ? I believe there is a way also to test the loop before inserting the whole thing ?

Thanks.
should be fine, it just clears cpu fan header on mobo up top so it'll clear it
Old March 27, 2011, 10:00 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekaw View Post
should be fine, it just clears cpu fan header on mobo up top so it'll clear it
Sorry, but what you mean by it just clears cpu fan header ?
Old March 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
Top Prospect

here's my old setup with 240 rad up top and external rad.

you see the fan header? fan header is the 3 or 4 pin plugs on your mobo for your fans. in this case cpu fan header is 4 pin and usually up top near the edge of the mobo.

slim 240 rad just partially blocks the fan header up top(white plug next to ram<left of> just under the rad). So I think it'll just clear your heatsink

HOWEVER, i think your major problem is the 8 pin connector on top left corner, on that mobo, I don't think there's enough space to plug
Old March 28, 2011, 04:51 AM
Top Prospect

Damn you right. Erm. Why they did put it there.. that not awnsome. Well i still can put the rad outside the case since there is tubing holes. But the problem now is the desk size lol

Any others suggestions ?
Old March 28, 2011, 06:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Although it may seem less attractive; you may need to attach the radiator to the rear of the case, as in Mekaw's pic (the hose coming into the case from the outside-lower left of the picture).

I've seen quite a few cases (in various watercooling forums) where this can be done tastefully.

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 28, 2011, 11:43 AM
Top Prospect

i find that problem with where corsair placed those 2 wc holes are terrible palement... I wish they put it up top instead of vertically on the side

here are couple of different setups i used.

first with mcr220 externally and another one inside.

then replaced external one with TA120.3

then i just got rid of 220 rad and modified 5.25" drive bay and fitted ta120.3 inside..

Old March 29, 2011, 04:16 AM
Top Prospect

You wasn't able to pass the second watercooling tube in the hole ? but a watercooling tube isnt flexible ? its strange you had to pass by the pci cards holes. I mean, ive seen other setup with such vertical holes for water cooling tubing.. and i believe if they put the tubing holes there there much be a reason they must have tried it.

Anyway i am pretty sure i can't put the rad in the ceiling. Maybe in the top area with fans under ?
Old March 29, 2011, 07:22 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

For starters; yes. hoses are flexible (bend radius depends on the thickness of the hose-smaller the hose, the tighter the bend).

Second; this is going to get confusing real quick, we're going to start getting cross-post answers on the same subject Rasa 450 RS120 vs Rasa 750 RS240 which is: "Best radiator setup for a 600T"

Homer J. Simpson