Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2011, 09:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default One of these or custom kit?

Which one of these are the best except the corsair h50/60/70 because they aren't soo good.

Or go with a custom kit?
Old March 15, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well,the EK kits are pretty much a custom kit with the parts needing to be assembled. I am extremely happy with all of my EK parts over a couple of builds, so I would highly suggest one of those.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 15, 2011, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

what are wrong with the corsair H series?
Old March 15, 2011, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleo View Post
what are wrong with the corsair H series?
Nothing, except top end air coolers at the same price point or lower usually perform better.
Old March 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
Rookie

EK makes great stuff. You cant really go wrong with their kits. Also, as I recall, Swifttech makes some all inclusive kits that are very nice at a reasonable price point so you might want to look at those too.
Old March 15, 2011, 04:02 PM
Top Prospect

go for kit, skip on corsair H series. just ditch the dye that comes in EK kit. either that or buy XSPC kits
Old March 15, 2011, 10:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Water Cooling Kits available

From what I researched in the last 6 months; there are 3 major manufacturers that have their own versions of water cooling kits: Swiftech, XSPC, and EK Waterblocks.

Swiftech: NCIX.com - Water Cooling Swiftech, Koolance, EK Water Blocks, Primochill, Bitspower - in Canada range in price from $199.99 (dual radiator) to $339.99 (triple radiator).

EK Waterblock: EK : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store range in price from $184.99 (single LT radiator) to $279.99 (triple HF radiator)

XSPC: XSPC : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store range in price from $109.99 (single radiator) to $199.99 (triple RX series radiator)

Contents of these kits will vary with each manufacturer, depending on which kit is chosen, and your budget.

Being new myself to water cooling (aside from trying and hating CoolIt's Domino and ECO); I decided to "get my feet wet", and take the plunge into water cooling mainly to have a quiet computer that ran cooler than air. So yesterday I purchased from dazmode DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store the XSPC Rasa Uber 750 RX360, will be submitting a build log as soon as the parts arrive.

Homer J. Simpson
Old March 16, 2011, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFighter View Post
Which one of these are the best except the corsair h50/60/70 because they aren't soo good.

Or go with a custom kit?

Question..... what are your plans with setup? a cruncher, gaming rig, art, or e-mail grandma
Old March 16, 2011, 08:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Question..... what are your plans with setup? a cruncher, gaming rig, art, or e-mail grandma
Email grandma ofcourse

No, overclocking my gaming rig