Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   One of these or custom kit? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/41638-one-these-custom-kit.html)

BFighter March 15, 2011 09:33 AM

One of these or custom kit?

Which one of these are the best except the corsair h50/60/70 because they aren't soo good.

Or go with a custom kit?

Lpfan4ever March 15, 2011 09:38 AM

Well,the EK kits are pretty much a custom kit with the parts needing to be assembled. I am extremely happy with all of my EK parts over a couple of builds, so I would highly suggest one of those.

coleo March 15, 2011 09:51 AM

what are wrong with the corsair H series?

Bao March 15, 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleo (Post 495869)
what are wrong with the corsair H series?

Nothing, except top end air coolers at the same price point or lower usually perform better.

Llew March 15, 2011 11:11 AM

EK makes great stuff. You cant really go wrong with their kits. Also, as I recall, Swifttech makes some all inclusive kits that are very nice at a reasonable price point so you might want to look at those too.

Mekaw March 15, 2011 04:02 PM

go for kit, skip on corsair H series. just ditch the dye that comes in EK kit. either that or buy XSPC kits

BMAN69 March 15, 2011 10:08 PM

Water Cooling Kits available

From what I researched in the last 6 months; there are 3 major manufacturers that have their own versions of water cooling kits: Swiftech, XSPC, and EK Waterblocks.

Swiftech: NCIX.com - Water Cooling Swiftech, Koolance, EK Water Blocks, Primochill, Bitspower - in Canada range in price from $199.99 (dual radiator) to $339.99 (triple radiator).

EK Waterblock: EK : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store range in price from $184.99 (single LT radiator) to $279.99 (triple HF radiator)

XSPC: XSPC : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store range in price from $109.99 (single radiator) to $199.99 (triple RX series radiator)

Contents of these kits will vary with each manufacturer, depending on which kit is chosen, and your budget.

Being new myself to water cooling (aside from trying and hating CoolIt's Domino and ECO); I decided to "get my feet wet", and take the plunge into water cooling mainly to have a quiet computer that ran cooler than air. So yesterday I purchased from dazmode DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store the XSPC Rasa Uber 750 RX360, will be submitting a build log as soon as the parts arrive.

KaptCrunch March 16, 2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFighter (Post 495863)
Which one of these are the best except the corsair h50/60/70 because they aren't soo good.

Or go with a custom kit?

Question..... what are your plans with setup? a cruncher, gaming rig, art, or e-mail grandma

BFighter March 16, 2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptCrunch (Post 496272)
Question..... what are your plans with setup? a cruncher, gaming rig, art, or e-mail grandma

Email grandma ofcourse

No, overclocking my gaming rig