Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2011, 06:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Of course personal needs and wants are what will win in the end, but I never felt the H50/H70 pumps were loud at all and they can easily compete in sound levels with the Noctua. I also never said the H50/H70 would win in an all out war, but the difference in termperature under full load is not enough to sway me into buying a huge case to fit the D14 in compared to the fact the H50/H70 can fit into nearly any ATX case. Same goes for weight issue. I have also successfully undervolted the pump on my H50/H70 with a fan controller with little loss in capacity. I don't have exact noise/voltage levels, but I can say I have made them about as silent as the most quiet air cooler. Considering I have my PC in an open air test platform on my desk top, any noise would be unwelcome to me. I'll post back in a few days when I mount the H50 on it so that I can give my opinion of noise levels in this environment.
Old March 12, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yup I agree on the pump. The noise it makes is not loud nor annoying. I kinda like the H60 and H70. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr