Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2011, 09:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yes Lian Li had one as it essentially allowed for active air to flow across the xbox 360 heat sink, as well as it exchanged the hot air hot. The 360 design is absolutely horrible for real air flow and which these things run so hot (and die)
Old March 5, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's funny that you have to put money into your console to make sure it doesn't die.
Old March 5, 2011, 10:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
It's funny that you have to put money into your console to make sure it doesn't die.
Yeah truth be told. Mine you I have a first Gen 360 that I bought an intercooler for and its still going strong after all these years.
My Brother and father have killed a combined 3 360's and 4 PS3's to date. Of which I would imagine are all heat related.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 6, 2011, 08:16 AM
Allstar

The only reason I put the watercooling on the console is because its JTAG'd and these consoles are getting more rare and as the years go on, if mines still working it could potentially be worth a ton of money being that you can't jtag any ole console

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 6, 2011, 09:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I came across this the other day on P-PC's new item page:
Product | Thermalright Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

Looks rather intriguing and much cheaper than water cooling ;) Definitely adds a ton of surface area to the GPU heatsink so I can see it being fairly effective.
Old March 6, 2011, 09:49 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I came across this the other day on P-PC's new item page:
Product | Thermalright Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

Looks rather intriguing and much cheaper than water cooling ;) Definitely adds a ton of surface area to the GPU heatsink so I can see it being fairly effective.

If I had one of those I would definitely take out the four mounting pieces included being that they are designed for the stock xbox xclamp hardware.

I would just fasten it on with some m5 bolts that you can get from any hardware store or RROD repair kit. That way you'd have good contact with the heatsink on the gpu and it would be as tight as you'd want to make it without warping the board.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |