Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2011, 11:05 PM
Top Prospect

So i got my new rad... it's definitely nice compared to swiftech but some things I dont like.
there's bunch of weird white and green gunk on threads for fittings and there's bit of gap on one of the hole.. Should i be worried? I think it's welded tight but err

Old February 24, 2011, 06:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

wow, that radiator looks like crap. i'd be guessing that white/green shit is scale buildup.. similar to what it looks like if you run tap water through your loop.
Rads should come clean, not with gunk all over them. Wherever you bought it (NCIX?) i'd be sending it back with those pictures for a swap/refund.

Otherwise, clean the living crap out of the Rad - similar to what I was saying before about clearing solder and gunk out of the rad. :(
As for the gap, so long as it doesn't leak I guess..

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 24, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Eww! Magic cool OEMs look like masterpieces for me now...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 24, 2011, 12:15 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
wow, that radiator looks like crap. i'd be guessing that white/green shit is scale buildup.. similar to what it looks like if you run tap water through your loop.
Rads should come clean, not with gunk all over them. Wherever you bought it (NCIX?) i'd be sending it back with those pictures for a swap/refund.

Otherwise, clean the living crap out of the Rad - similar to what I was saying before about clearing solder and gunk out of the rad. :(
As for the gap, so long as it doesn't leak I guess..

i took a tooth brush around there and took about good hour to flush out all the crap inside.

I can say build quality is SOLID but err rest is crap. I only had to flush swiftech rad twice and there was barely anything inside the rad
Old February 24, 2011, 12:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Even the paint looks terrible on it too... Didn't think Thermochill slipped THAT much.
Old February 24, 2011, 12:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

if you think you have flushed your rad enough.. flush it some more. wait a day, then flush it again. I have nightmares (not really) of watching crap go through my loop from my old thermochill rad. Last thing you want is stuff stuck in your pump and cpu/gpu blocks.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
if you think you have flushed your rad enough.. flush it some more. wait a day, then flush it again. I have nightmares (not really) of watching crap go through my loop from my old thermochill rad. Last thing you want is stuff stuck in your pump and cpu/gpu blocks.
I'm crossing my fingers I did enough.

def great improvement in temp though. 24hr prime95 small fft 35deg, phenom IIx4 955 BE c3 at 4.0ghz 1.42 Vcore

seems like the gunk crap isn't new, I've searched around on overclock.net and saw couple of threads and posts about it.. I heard thermochill is quality rad but their quality control is in the drain

how do you guys flush it? some people say hot water and some say hot water + white vinegar. I just used hot water
Old February 24, 2011, 12:27 PM
Top Prospect

here it is

it's one heavy radiator

Old February 24, 2011, 12:49 PM
Top Prospect

damn, looks like daz stocked up on the radiators, I should've waited a day! I would've picked up rx360
Old February 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

This makes me miss my old-school 120.3 TC that was industrially cleaned and flux free - damn that one looks bad. Send 'er back