Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2011, 12:09 AM
Top Prospect

Default Would this work on mcp35x?

Heat Sink for PMP-400 (DDC) Pump Heat Sink for PMP-400 (DDC) Pump [HTS-PMP400] - $39.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

found this, was wondering if it would work on mcp35x. also is it necessary to have heatsink on pump bottom? i figured, i was to set my pump right side up instead of having it mounted on its side, with that looks like there's tab on the side so i can actually mount it onto mobo tray and pump would be sitting normally.

or I might just buy this instead XSPC Laing DDC Stand UV Blue Plexi XSPC Laing DDC Stand UV Blue Plexi [XSPC-DDCMOUNTUV] - $12.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

don't care much for bling.. but since I'll be doing another dazmode order I thought I'd get some stuff and save on shipping from future purchases
Old February 18, 2011, 05:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

No need for heatsink. Just make sure there is a little airflow around the pump and you are ok. Sometimes, the Stand helps with the placement of the pump or is for the bling factor.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old February 18, 2011, 07:18 AM

My System Specs

It will work. The heatsink does actually dissipate some heat as the DDC PCB does generate quite a bit of heat. It is mostly for aesthetics though. They look fantastic.
Old February 18, 2011, 12:40 PM
Top Prospect

mm yeah.. only reason i want to get either one of those mounts is so that i can put my pump right side up because its sitting on its side right now mounted to the mobo tray