Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2011, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Clean build. Congratulation on putting it together. It seems you have enough clearance to get two more fans under your rad in case you would need bit more punch.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 13, 2011, 09:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Very clean loop , how are the temps.
Old February 13, 2011, 10:42 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Clean build. Congratulation on putting it together. It seems you have enough clearance to get two more fans under your rad in case you would need bit more punch.
naw, there's ram and pwm heatsink getting in the day.

temps arent that great, as most people suggested here, I should go pick up another 240 rad or shouldve gone with thick 360mm rad and place it outside.

Last edited by Mekaw; February 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old February 14, 2011, 03:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Nice clean loop, it looks nice.

I agree with Daz though, i'd shoehorn in two more fans.. it looks to me like it would fit. Always exaust out of the case, you figured out why. :)
There are also slim 15mm and 20mm fans that could do the trick.. they don't have a lot of static pressure though. I always liked it best to have the same fans on either side of the rad.
Removing the shroud on the top of the case is definitely the way to go - but I understand if you don't want to cut up the case.. I always keep in mind for reselling in the future when i'm doing case mods / etc.. always being able to revert back.

For purely astetics, the tubing from the pump to GPU is a bit too long. An inch or so off would have the tubing horizontal to the rig.
Do you have zip ties on the GPU / CPU tubing by the barbs? I kind of looks like you do.. but it's well hidden with the photos at least.

edit: oh, I see the ram channels in the way now.. that sucks.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 14, 2011, 05:33 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
Nice clean loop, it looks nice.

I agree with Daz though, i'd shoehorn in two more fans.. it looks to me like it would fit. Always exaust out of the case, you figured out why. :)
There are also slim 15mm and 20mm fans that could do the trick.. they don't have a lot of static pressure though. I always liked it best to have the same fans on either side of the rad.
Removing the shroud on the top of the case is definitely the way to go - but I understand if you don't want to cut up the case.. I always keep in mind for reselling in the future when i'm doing case mods / etc.. always being able to revert back.

For purely astetics, the tubing from the pump to GPU is a bit too long. An inch or so off would have the tubing horizontal to the rig.
Do you have zip ties on the GPU / CPU tubing by the barbs? I kind of looks like you do.. but it's well hidden with the photos at least.

edit: oh, I see the ram channels in the way now.. that sucks.
yeah I'm using those swiftech clicky lock thing.

no i cant really fit any fans inside the case, there's ram in the way and towards back of it there's pwm heatsink that gets in the way also.

yeah I didn't have any 45deg fittings or else i would've used it on pump to gpu, gpu to cpu and cpu to rad for much shorter hose and probably looks a lot cleaner but they are expensive =/

mm if i made that gpu= pump hose any shorther there's going to be a bend or kink, tube starts to collapse a bit.

Last edited by Mekaw; February 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old February 20, 2011, 02:29 AM
Top Prospect

here's an update, hoses don't look so "neat" anymore but it's all good. new mobo was installed and another 240 rad

Old February 21, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Still neat for my eyes, although few 45 degree adapters will make it even better. The only thing I would add is two PCI-e white braid cables om GPUs
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 21, 2011, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Still neat for my eyes, although few 45 degree adapters will make it even better. The only thing I would add is two PCI-e white braid cables om GPUs
yes, I've been contemplating whether to get white or black at your store along with 4 45 deg pack.

just waiting to see what else I can pickup to get the most out of shipping
Old March 11, 2011, 09:01 PM
Restricted Poster

how's the ek bay spin? is it very loud?
Old March 12, 2011, 02:04 AM
Top Prospect

I'm not using it anymore but it is for sale.. I'm using frozen q liquid fusion now.