Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2011, 09:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I never found any trouble with switching the brackets. When I popped it off to insert my AMD bracket, the O-ring stayed where it was on the top cover. Guess it was fortunate for me

Hopefully that Vaseline trick works for you.
Old February 10, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Oh, yes! Those o-ring are hard to put in.

I used a trick of putting them in groove, fix it with transparent glass (make sure it is in), cool in freezer (so it harden), then assemble...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old February 10, 2011, 06:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matari View Post
I am sure that EK uses some sort of lubricant to hold the O-ring in place. That would be that nasty crap I had to clean off when I first got my block. I have never used the AMD insert, but with the intel black mount holds the O-ring in place. I just hold it there for a few mins, place my the face of block back on hold tight and screw in. Never had any issues. You can probably use a lubricant like vaseline, but make sure not to get any on the microfin area. One last thing, make sure you test your block for leaks outside of your case first. One time I forgot to put the O-ring in. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Oh, yes! Those o-ring are hard to put in.

I used a trick of putting them in groove, fix it with transparent glass (make sure it is in), cool in freezer (so it harden), then assemble...
Damn, that would be pretty handy. Hopefully i dont need to that next time around .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw907 View Post
I never found any trouble with switching the brackets. When I popped it off to insert my AMD bracket, the O-ring stayed where it was on the top cover. Guess it was fortunate for me

Hopefully that Vaseline trick works for you.

Well, ive finally used a good amount of vaseline along the groove of the bracket/top part of the block. It stayed put!!

Now im just leak testing, but there's some trickling along the compression fitting and the corner part of the block. I just tighten it a bit more and 23 more hours to go!

Thanks for the help guys!
-Swiffy MCP35x X2, (2) Aphacool UT60 480 rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.6 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ult 64-bit

HTPC Rig:
-G3258 @ Stock, Asrock Z97 Pro 4, Gigabyte 270x, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Corsair HX620 PS, Win 7 Ult 64-bit