Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Aquaero controllers (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/40405-aquaero-controllers.html)

Dazmode February 1, 2011 09:36 AM

Aquaero controllers
 
Guys,

Anybody tried aquaero 4 controller in the past? Dare to post your comment on the product experience?

There is new version is out, but it is quite pricey. Is it worth it?

lowfat February 1, 2011 10:39 AM

The new Aquaero does indeed look nice but I have no experience with them. The software definitely looks a whole lot better than the T-Balancer software, that is for sure. I would like to know if the remote comes w/ backlighting. No one has been able to confirm it for me or not.

charliehorse55 February 1, 2011 01:31 PM

Unless they've made the API publicly available I will never buy it. No Linux support and even on Windows you're stuck with their crummy software. I want something that comes with an API so that I can program my fans to auto-control themselves based on what's going on in the computer.

If you want to expand you line of Fan controllers, I suggest you get the budget Scythe Kaze master, and the Sunbeam Rheobus PCI PWM controller. The former would be great for budget builds and the latter allows you to control 3-pin fans off the PWM signal from your motherboard (which is great).

lowfat February 1, 2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 (Post 480873)
Unless they've made the API publicly available I will never buy it. No Linux support and even on Windows you're stuck with their crummy software. I want something that comes with an API so that I can program my fans to auto-control themselves based on what's going on in the computer.

Wait, the Aquaero can't do that? I thought it could like the T-Balancer & Koolance TMS-200.

charliehorse55 February 1, 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 480883)
Wait, the Aquaero can't do that? I thought it could like the T-Balancer & Koolance TMS-200.

I have no idea. It might be able too, but most likely only based on CPU temperature, and not other factors. What I was saying is that I wish they would release an API so I could write my own software to control everything.

Dazmode February 3, 2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 (Post 480886)
I have no idea. It might be able too, but most likely only based on CPU temperature, and not other factors. What I was saying is that I wish they would release an API so I could write my own software to control everything.

They will offer SDK.

"Of course we will also offer a SDK for the aquaero 5 like it is available for the aquaero 4 too. Since we are focusing on the firmware and aquasuite at the moment, the SDK will follow later but you can be sure that we will offer one."

Shoggy February 4, 2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 480883)
Wait, the Aquaero can't do that? I thought it could like the T-Balancer & Koolance TMS-200.

I just had to register here to get that right.

The aquaero has its own powerful CPU and OS so you would not even need any kind of software for the PC to use it. All functions are directly available through the device. The software is only like an extended graphical user interface.

@charliehorse55: I don't know what you want to control in detail. Just give me an example so I can tell you if is it possible. I'm already sure it will be ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.